• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breeds do you all have?

Grim and Smoo are both dwarf lops and weigh just over 3gk. Smoo is harlequin coloured and I'm positive Grim is crossed with a french lop or some other giant breed. Smoo is very compact where as he is a lot larger than her and very lankey although they weigh about the same. And he has a huge head.

They both have very different personalities. Smoo is very impatient and cheeky and Grim is very patient. They're both very much cuddle buns but I can't pick them up. :)

I've had one dwarf, english lop (Yes, that was his true breed, he was from a breeder for my sister's 16th birthday and I was 14), who was a complete nutter and no other bun could possibly beat him for personality, he would respond to comands, you could just call "Harry", "Haz" or "Bunbun" and he'd come up to you at a faster than the speed than the speed of light speed. He knew just what to do to have us in fits of giggles, if my dad dug in the garden, Harry would be there right beside him digging, he liked to think he could help but he just cracked me up! :lol::lol::lol:

My Zeke now is we *think*, or were rather told, a lion head crossed with a mini lop. He is HUGE compared to Harry!!! He is shyer, but cheekier somehow, he listens when you say no, looks disappointed, then goes ahead and does it anyway!!! He is gorgeous and so naughty, though he's getting better and enjoying my company more now. At LAST! He was a snuggle bunny when we first got him, think hormones set in and he was just rebellious, he'd scratch and kick, but he NEVER bit, he does tug at your clothes to get you to follow him, then he dashes off and you follow him and then he'll show you something silly like a twig and you have to pick it up and he follows you for it then!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: I don't think he's right in the head, but he's my gorgeous boy and I just totally adore him :love::love::love::love:

I'm rubbish with breeds but I think I've got the following:

1 x nethie cross - have no idea what with though
1 x nethie harlequin cross
1 x lion lop - can never remember if he's a dwarf or mini lop??
1 x mixed breed - she's definately got a bit of lop in her somewhere because her ears do random things and she's got a big bum :lol:

matthew and tabby are both mini lops but probably not as mini as some. they're orange, or were, but tabby is paler now, and matthew darker. all my other buns have been dutch, usually orange but a good few black or grey.

I have ...

4 nethies
2 dwarf lops
2 lionheads ( one is crossed with a dwarf lop)
1 lionlop
2 cross breeds

And tbh it doesn't matter the breed, ALL my buns are completely different, eg, my 4 nethies one is the softest bin you will ever meet with people but can be really nasty with other buns, one is really hyper & energetic, one is a lazy wee £&@!, & one I nasty with people but a softy with buns, then my dwarf loos both re quite laid back but only one kind of likes being handled, then the lionheads one is the friendliest videotext little bin you could ever meet, then the other is VERY fiesty, lionlop softy but doesn't like being handled for to long, & the cross breeds one is a softy & loves being handled the other hates being handled & is .. Odd with other buns to say the least lol, let's just say it's like jekle & hide,

I've got 2 lionheads and a nethie, but I'm not sure what Barley is. If anyone can identify her from the pic in my signature, that would be great! xx

I have...

2 dwarf lops
2 rex cross
1 mini rex
1 lionhead
1 tan
1 netherland dwarf
1 harlequin
1 crossbreed
1 dutch

All my rabbits are sociable and friendly and I think that is predominantly down to a mix of personality, handling and the fact they were spayed/neutered early. Even the ones who came to me fear agressive have settled nicely in a stable enviroment and one is now a total snuggle bun and comes running when he see's me. :love:

Whilst I do believe there are character traits of certain breeds there will always be exceptions to the rule.

I have one frenchlop, a minilop, a tan and a crossbreed. My crossbreed is the snuggliet bun and loves being picked up and cuddled, my frenchie is very in your face :lol: and loves attention, ermm my tan loves noserubs, is quite highly strung and active but loves attention too, my minilop is very friendly but not so fussed about being stroked. They all chase me up the garden when i go out :lol:

I have:
Guinness and Smudge- Nethies
Miffy - Lionhead cross
Maizy - Dwarf lop
Koda - British giant cross
Bailey & Bumble - Dutch

Dutch is my fave breed. They are full of character and so cheeky. I did see a beautiful nethie/Dutch cross. Omg amazing!! :)

I have one dwarf lop, two lion lops, one big fat something or other, one wildie and then 12 nethies.

When you say for best temperment, it will depend on what you want from a rabbit.

My nethies are lovely and cheeky and fully of mischief. They hold a very strong place in my heart.

The lops (both lion and dwarf) are full of mischief, but more so, and out of control. They something love a cuddle, but would rather be running. They are escape artists, as a group (they are bonded as a trio). No nasty bones in any of their bodies, but totally out of control.

My wildie is obviously a hands off bunny, but is wonderful and amazing to watch. He's totally fascinating, more than any of the others.

My fatty random bunny is nervous, but nosey and spends her life eating hay at a great rate of knots.

2 nethies :wave: one is possibly a cross but no idea.
Both are lovely when not in a stop but Sebastian (possible cross) is my baby, he will sit on my knee for a cuddle and demand nose rubs and occasionally groom me back :love:
Mae was getting really confident but Ive blown that with all this medication so will have to gain her trust again :roll:

I have,

Marble - mini lop
Peter - cross breed, no idea what breeds
Posy - wildie cross
Leo - Lionhead and rex cross
Lila - Lionhead and rex cross although she doesnt have any mane at all

Biscuit - Dwarf Lop (2.3Kg) - Advertised in Garden Centre as 'Mini Lop' :roll:
Ginger - Dwarf Lop X Lion Head (Lionlop?) (without the Lion showing)

Mini rex.
My first mini rex, Munchie was very friendly, wanted nose rubs, followed me about. He was a very calm and relaxed bun.
The next two, Bully & Larmee (brothers) were very different. Did not like attention at all and would run off or stamp their feet at me. Now that Bully has gone to the bridge I have found that Larmee is a different bun. He now uses his litter tray, will lick my leg when I'm putting the washing out and come to me for food. He is still a cheeky thing at times. If he doesn't want to go back in his hutch at night he will hide behind the shed.

Not many standard rexes here - I've got 2:love::love::love:
IMO alot of temperament is due to early experiences and handling (and gender!)
Both mine are resuces - picked up seperately but bonded by the rescue and now inseperable. Kane is Mr Nice Guy - possibly not the brightest berry in the bunch but he is very friendly and trusting and laid back. He always rushes over to see me when they are free ranging. Sparkle is a feisty girl, much more inquisitive and lively than Kane and quite pushy at times. She isn't a cuddle-bun and is very protective of her hus-bun.
i wouldn't necessarily go on breed although obviously a pure breed will have some general characteristics shared by all buns of that breed.
I also wouldn't go looking for a specific breed (though i know what i'd really like if I can get more buns)
there are so many buns waiting for homes whose gorgeous and unique personalities will shine through if only given a chance

I'm rubbish at breeds! I think my George is a harlequin lop and Fifi is a broken Harlequin butterfly lop (although that seems like rather a lot so I'm probably wrong!!)

Back