• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are you?

What are you?

• Mummy

Votes: 55 67.1%
  • Daddy

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Carer

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Owner

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Definetely mummy to Bramble and Dexter. Came home last night and Bramble came out of his 'space' to greet me!!! It was amazing :love: Dexter also does the same.

As for Pumpkin... I'm not sure. Probably just carer. She's really not into strokes or humans at all. Never has been really. She constantly hides beside and sticks with Dexter so she prefers buns to humans. I hope one day she'll consider me a mum but for right now, she's happy with her boy!

I'm not a mummy. I'd find that really weird because I'm not their mum. :lol:

I'm not their anything, we are just 'family'.

Imagine someone steals you away from your family, locks you in a shed, comes to feed you a few times a day, occasionally stuffs you in to a box and takes you somewhere that unpleasant things you don't fully understand happen. How you'd feel about that person is, I imagine, how my rabbits feel about me. :lol:
I guess captor would be an appropriate term?

I have never had human children - all my children have paws and I do see myself as their Mummy.

I think they see me as the 'bringer of noms' though

'captor'. yes, that's how i feel. but they wouldn't do well if i freed them - they are little bunnies, and breakfast and tea have always arrived promptly.

my dad thinks all pet rabbits should be allowed 'one good run before the fox gets them'. its not as cruel as it sounds.

its things like this that make me think that pet-keeping should be very strictly regulated.

I don't see them as children at all but I am still their Mummy at the end of the day. Don't see why you can't be a Mummy to something other than an actual child :D

If Trevor falls or if Humph needed something I will always call out Mummy's coming :oops:

I think Sugar sees me as a scary captor, as she always runs away from me :( while Oliver sees me as a servant, as he will allow me to give him nose rubs and cuddles only if I am bearing treats :roll:

Owner definitely and the only reason is is that my mom and my dad are mommy and daddy to all the animals. My sisters just Lucy and I'm just Vicki. When we had the dog she would recognise names as we used them all so often, so if I said 'dads coming home soon' she'd get really excited. Or we'd say 'where's Lucy?' and she'd go find her. So that's the only reason why.

I think if I ever had kids and animals at the same time and moved out I would become mommy.

Oops forgot the slave/servant role :oops::oops:

I see them as rabbits and children if that makes sense. Humans can adopt human children and we adopt animals too. I don't see why we can't cross the interspecies barrier to give love and provide for the vulnerable.

Im mummy and OH is daddy. I know theyre rabbits and not children and treat them as such, but the relatiinship I have with them is very maternal :love:

I was going to say carer but I think servant/slave is more appropriate!
I am mummy to the cats though.

I put carer. I love my buns but they couldn't really give a **** about me or if I'm there or not. As long as i am there with their food and to let them out and clean them out then they will allow me to be in their presence! :D

I would say with my dogs though I am their mummy

Back