• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are you dream pets/plans for future pets?

Ah! In that case, fingers crossed for you! I think it would be harsh if they let someone else take them when they agreed with you and they'll go at the end of this month to you anyway. I do realise the pressures rescues are under, I'm not critisizing at all, they do a wonderful job, but I do think it would be harsh of them to let someone else take them when they know about you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair to them they wanted me to take them at the end of Jan. and bring the boy back to be neutered or have him done at my own vet. I wanted to leave it cos it would be expensive for me, either in time (is a six hour round trip) and petrol or in neutering costs.

Well soon I will get a husbun for my girl :) I actually dreamed that I woke up and there was a neutered male bunny in the puppy pen and they were grooming each other and they were all lovely but I was in panick! Then they turned into hammies and escaped :shock:

Then there are some dreams/plans/realistic/unrealistic.

Dogs
I am definitely going to have dogs as soon as possible in my life.
I'm thinking of either one or 2 max at the same time, but will continue to have them until I'm too old myself to take care of them.
Its not possible right now because I work fulltime and am in a single household and planning on going to uni soon and then go to a foreign country for a year as well (for uni).
My boyfriend is a real fan of husky's, saarloze wolfshond etc. I am a fan of big dogs: Tibetan Mastiff (my father has one she won prices), newfoundlander, Berner Sennen, Leonberger, St bernard etc. I do love labradors though!

Raccoons
I really want a raccoon and my boyfriend promised to pay for it (someday in a very far future) but i don't know how realistic it is and so I am not sure if this plan will ever go through as they are really bad pets, destroyers, turn aggressive etc, they are just so adorable :love:

Anteaters
I am not entirely sure if its legal to have one and I'm not planning on moving to the USA. But they have a cute factor:love:

Hamsters
I definitely see a potential here as I have had hammies before. I had them in my bedroom and refuse to do that ever again! So only if I live alone or have my own house. In such a case I would want to build a huge complex with lots of toys etc. Where I would enjoy seeing the "cage" and the hamster inside of it.

Pigs
I kind of like those mini pigs but have read stories about them becoming huge. I like pigs they are very smart however I'm not sure if I can have a pig and still eat pork, so I think I would have to become a vegetarian first. Also not very realistic until I have my own house.

Farm animals
I kind of have this dream of having cows and sheep and horses etc :D
But I would have to have lots of land and live in the middle of nowhere first and make myself knowledgeable on these animals.
Also I must have the type of job where I will be able to take care of them. I'd also have to find someone willing to look after them when I'm on vacation. I would only get horses if I'm extremely rich and for some reason don't have to work for my money so that I have time to take care of them :lol:

Rabbits
I think I will stick to indoor rabbits which brings extra difficulties. I am not so sure if I continue on having rabbits in the future:roll:

Currently my husband and I live with my parents with our rabbit & dog. We moved out of a private let flat to save for a deposit. We're buying a house this spring. I always wanted to get another dog but living with my parents dog I've realised my dog is far to jealous & it's not fair on her having to share me with another dog :lol:

I want to get two or three guinea pigs (kept away from bunny) and a friend for my bun once we have more space. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have everything sorted!

Too many to list! I want to have a farm/zoo of all sorts of domestics and exotics :D I also want to rehab wildlife and have a rescue so a farm/zoo/rehab center/rescue mixture:lol: And maybe open my zoo to the public and be like DeYoung zoo or Chasing Tail :love: If only I were rich and could do this now!

Well soon I will get a husbun for my girl :) I actually dreamed that I woke up and there was a neutered male bunny in the puppy pen and they were grooming each other and they were all lovely but I was in panick! Then they turned into hammies and escaped :shock:

Then there are some dreams/plans/realistic/unrealistic.

Dogs
I am definitely going to have dogs as soon as possible in my life.
I'm thinking of either one or 2 max at the same time, but will continue to have them until I'm too old myself to take care of them.
Its not possible right now because I work fulltime and am in a single household and planning on going to uni soon and then go to a foreign country for a year as well (for uni).
My boyfriend is a real fan of husky's, saarloze wolfshond etc. I am a fan of big dogs: Tibetan Mastiff (my father has one she won prices), newfoundlander, Berner Sennen, Leonberger, St bernard etc. I do love labradors though!

Raccoons
I really want a raccoon and my boyfriend promised to pay for it (someday in a very far future) but i don't know how realistic it is and so I am not sure if this plan will ever go through as they are really bad pets, destroyers, turn aggressive etc, they are just so adorable :love:

Anteaters
I am not entirely sure if its legal to have one and I'm not planning on moving to the USA. But they have a cute factor:love:

Hamsters
I definitely see a potential here as I have had hammies before. I had them in my bedroom and refuse to do that ever again! So only if I live alone or have my own house. In such a case I would want to build a huge complex with lots of toys etc. Where I would enjoy seeing the "cage" and the hamster inside of it.

Pigs
I kind of like those mini pigs but have read stories about them becoming huge. I like pigs they are very smart however I'm not sure if I can have a pig and still eat pork, so I think I would have to become a vegetarian first. Also not very realistic until I have my own house.

Farm animals
I kind of have this dream of having cows and sheep and horses etc :D
But I would have to have lots of land and live in the middle of nowhere first and make myself knowledgeable on these animals.
Also I must have the type of job where I will be able to take care of them. I'd also have to find someone willing to look after them when I'm on vacation. I would only get horses if I'm extremely rich and for some reason don't have to work for my money so that I have time to take care of them :lol:

Rabbits
I think I will stick to indoor rabbits which brings extra difficulties. I am not so sure if I continue on having rabbits in the future:roll:

Raccoons aren't bad pets exactly - they're bad pets for the wrong people. Just as rabbits or cats or anything animal can be a bad pet for the wrong person.

They don't all turn aggressive. As long as they're neutered they probably won't be but yeah aggression is something you have to be aware of and be willing to tolerate.

Aggression is also something that any pet owner might have to deal with, I mean I have very affectionate ducks that randomly get into 'aggressive zones' occasionally (maybe for 10 minutes total everyday). They can't hear me when they're in this zone and I always have bruises and cuts from them biting me (my mom says anyone that didn't know might think I've been abused :lol:) so aggression isn't something that only occurs in exotics.

Destruction - yeah this is true :lol: But they should have an outdoor enclosure that they're put in when you can't supervise so that should keep destruction to a minimum. They should spend time indoors with you too so some raccoon-proof rooms are necessary.

Anteaters - I don't know of any British anteater owners but I'm sure they're legal in the UK, most exotics are. At the most you might need a DWA license. The USA is actually a horrible country for exotic owners, it's a pet peeve of mine that people seem to think the opposite just because of stupid tv shows. A couple of states are good (like mine:love:) but most aren't. Some Americans actually want to move to the UK to have the exotics they want, that's how bad it is. It's the worst thing about America imo.

Mini Pigs - they're a cross breed pig that's made up of small breeds like julianas, pot bellies, kune kunes, mini mulefoots, etc so you just need to make sure you buy from a reputable breeder that is really breeding mini pigs as opposed to a larger breed.

Sorry if this seems like nit picking, it isn't meant to be! :D

Back