• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are you dream pets/plans for future pets?

when my four buns are gone, there will be no more bunnies for me.
i used to long for a little dog (westie) but having the buns has taught me not to want that any more.

syrian hamsters. big. hairy. characterful. one at a time. that's my pet future. luxury accommodation. someone on here is a hamster expert... i need to remember who...

I don't have bunnies at the moment but would love a couple more when I moved out of my parents' house. I would also love some rats, as these aren't an option at the moment due my lovely big ginger cat being a major rat hunter :( I would also like guinea pigs and regular pigs and I would love to rescue a turkey. I have chickens but I'd like to live somewhere where I could have a cockerel or two as there are so many looking for homes :( I think that I always plan to have cats, although not as soon as I move out, probably more when I've settled down a bit more.

In an ideal world I would love a Leonberger or Newfoundland and possibly an English Bull Terrier, but I'm too lazy for a dog in reality, so I don't ever see it happening.

For all you people wanting chickens, I wanted to show you that they can easily fit in a back garden. I have four at the moment (one from a breeder, one ex-battery hen and two rescued 'posh birds') and I adore them. I've had chooks for nearly six years now and honestly had no idea how much joy they would bring to my life :D They can be a lot of hard work, especially when they get ill, but I wouldn't change them for the world.

Vivien (my ex-batt) and Tilly (my posh breeder bird)

The 'newbies', Dot and Elsie (rescued a couple of months ago from free ads)

A Ragdoll cat and a dog. As far as dog breeds go I really want a Golden Retriever...they're so lovely :love: Though realistically I think a smaller dog would be ideal. Maybe a cocker spaniel :)

I don't see myself getting more rabbits until I've got my own house with a garden etc.

Chickens definitely seem popular!! I don't know anyone, even on here, who has a pig! It would be awesome to see pictures of pet/rescued pigs!

I'm not sure but I think halfpenny has a pig or more :? I've got 3 chickens and 2 goats amongst my menagerie, they wander around together in a little gang :love: the goats are hilarious I love to watch them playing. They're very mischievous :lol: my oh says it looks like a farm :lol: daughter wanted a parrot but OH said no more pets :lol: I think he's probably right we don't need any more pets :oops:

I used to want all sorts of pets, but since moving away to be at uni and taking the bunnies with me, it's made me realise that I need to be more realistic about money/time etc. I've also realised that during the next 5 years or so I'll have so much going on, and I also have a list of places I want to travel to so getting loads of pets just wouldn't be practical. All my bunnies are aged 4 and under as well, so potentially have long lives ahead of them anyway. I wouldn't want to compromise on their care by getting more animals :) I think I'll probably get one more bunny, to be a husbun for Wotsit, and after that I think I'd just like a dog of my own in a few years time. My parents have three dogs so wouldn't mind dog sitting for me if/when I go on holiday :)

My 12 year old brother has three guinea pigs though, and I'm pretty sure he'll get to an age soon where he's not fussed about them anymore... they'll be passed onto me :roll:

I said no more pets, but now I'm buying a house with a substantial garden. I'm thinking maybe a couple of ex battery hens. I will have to do some research first though.

I have a dog now, although he's not the breed I would've picked, he is pretty awesome:love: I'm wanting to do a dog flap I think into my new garden. Just for the days when he's not at my sister's. Blokie wants another dog to go with him, but I think we got lucky with Marts tbh. I don't want another dog destroying that:oops::lol:

My new house has a stable. My horse - I would LOVE to move him, but he's old, settled & has friends. I can't move him now to live alone. :love: He'll only be 10 miles away so not a big deal

I'm still really in love with my bunnies. Only had them 3months but loving every minute

I'd love a baby polar bear or Siberian tiger if I could give it hormone suppressants and keep it cute and little and harmless all it's life. Was inspired by the movie spy kids 3 on this - but get it's totally unethical and unrealistic.

I want a border collie. I've grown up with them and they're beautiful dogs. That's my main goal in life, not to have kids but to rescue a border collie or two :lol:
I'd also like guinea pigs when we move somewhere bigger. I'd like a cat too. :D

I'm currently on the hunt for 2 siamese cats!:love: I'm so jealous of Chul! :lol:
I have been promising myself another 2 siamese for ages but we are only just in a position to get them now. I've grown up with siamese and have had siamese crosses in the past. But, I can't get my head around going to a breeder so I'm currently on the look out for any needing rehoming, few and far between I know :(

If anyone knows of any siamese/orientals needing a loving new home please let me know:wave:

I will always have a gsd, they are just :love::love::love:

I will always have rabbits too. They are an addiction I will never be able to give up. :)

I would love a maine coon cat but no chance really as my husband is allergic to cats. :(

I would love a kitten! At the moment I dont have the time to commit to a kitten but maybe in a couple of years. :) I was reading online that Bath cats and dogs always have kittens in over the summer months too.

And Silly as it is, i would love another black bunny like Iggy was but I think its still too soon :cry: . I have a bonded pair at the moment and dont really have the space for more bunnies indoors too. And Walter has totally taken over our house, mainly used for running about at top speed! :lol:

I would love a kitten! At the moment I dont have the time to commit to a kitten but maybe in a couple of years. :) I was reading online that Bath cats and dogs always have kittens in over the summer months too.

And Silly as it is, i would love another black bunny like Iggy was but I think its still too soon :cry: . I have a bonded pair at the moment and dont really have the space for more bunnies indoors too. And Walter has totally taken over our house, mainly used for running about at top speed! :lol:

Most rescues will have kittens over the summer... I used to work in a cat rescue and we were inundated throughout 'kitten season' it was wonderful and reeeaallllyyy hard work! :lol:

On the other hand the hand reared kittens were always amazing little chaps :love::love::love: I had my own foster hand rears at one point, broke my heart to give them back!

It's amazing how many people just simply do not seem to understand that an unspayed female let out to roam will end up pregnant! :roll: One guy actually blamed the cat! :shock::roll:

Most rescues will have kittens over the summer... I used to work in a cat rescue and we were inundated throughout 'kitten season' it was wonderful and reeeaallllyyy hard work! :lol:

On the other hand the hand reared kittens were always amazing little chaps :love::love::love: I had my own foster hand rears at one point, broke my heart to give them back!

It's amazing how many people just simply do not seem to understand that an unspayed female let out to roam will end up pregnant! :roll: One guy actually blamed the cat! :shock::roll:

Poor Cat! We had a couple of rescue tabbies when i was a child and they were awesome! One of them was hand reared and was the friendliest little soul!:D I think there is something wonderfully charming about a tabby! Both my bunnies are cross bred sort of lionleads /lop/nethie/general rabbit.

We also live close to a bigish road which would worry me BUT we are hopefully moving in the next year and then it might be a better option.

Wow so many animal dreams! I'm glad I'm not the only one who seriously consider which animals I'd like and what I'd need to make it possible!

I hope everyone manages to get in the position where they can home as many of their dream animals as possible! I think OH and I will maybe get chinchillas in about 4-5 years time, dogs maybe in 10 years time, the rest will have to fit in around those (and my rabbits) and depending on our financial/home situation!

Sounds ages away, but I'm beginning to get used to the fact that the older I get, the faster time speeds up, so it's not going to feel too long I hope :lol:

I'd love an Arabian stallion, palomino colour :love: I haven't ridden since I was 17, but I used I ride regularly as a child and young teenager. I used to want a retic and a burm too (pythons) but got a little tired of the snake world recently. I'd also like a Conti & a duckling :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a massive set up for my six rabbits and a really big shed/run for the guinea pigs. I would like a run for Harvest hamster to exercise in.

It would be great to have a couple more rabbits (belgian hares) and some ducks, perhaps our (gorgeous) collie could learn to herd them ...

I would love a cocker spaniel, a poodle, a keeshond and a couple of cats ...

Most of those animals will probably just remain on the wish list but you never know.

Never say never!!!

I want a massive set up for my six rabbits and a really big shed/run for the guinea pigs. I would like a run for Harvest hamster to exercise in.

It would be great to have a couple more rabbits (belgian hares) and some ducks, perhaps our (gorgeous) collie could learn to herd them ...

I would love a cocker spaniel, a poodle, a keeshond and a couple of cats ...

Most of those animals will probably just remain on the wish list but you never know.

Never say never!!!

I thought you were adopting two Belgian hares? :? Am I going completely loopy?

I want two greyhounds or whippets :love: Probably wouldn't work so well with free-range house rabbits, but I can dream...

I thought you were adopting two Belgian hares? :? Am I going completely loopy?

No, you aren't going loopy! I had reserved two bh x rex but only mum is spayed. Son cant be done til end of feb. I want to pick them up once he has been done (my vet costs 80.00 to neuter a boy) but they arent up for reserving them for that long as they want the space so I am praying that they will still be there at the end of the month ...

Ah! In that case, fingers crossed for you! I think it would be harsh if they let someone else take them when they agreed with you and they'll go at the end of this month to you anyway. I do realise the pressures rescues are under, I'm not critisizing at all, they do a wonderful job, but I do think it would be harsh of them to let someone else take them when they know about you.

Back