• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What’s a ‘Profile Post’ ?

I guess it's like writing a message on someone's profile, but it's public so everyone can see it.

I haven't tried it but, like KCG said, I'm guessing the message will show up on a member's profile. But, yes, bear in mind that it's public, not a private conversation!

I just tried it on my test account. :ROFLMAO:

It will send the member a notification & everyone should be able to see it on your profile... I haven't been able to check that bit but, if you look up Karen_test in the members list, you should see it.

I can see it, but don't really understand the point 🤔 so could someone write something on my profile, if so why not just pm me ? Just curious 😊

Can advertising be posted as a profile post ? Like we are allowed to put links to certain things in our signature, such as to a small business. But we can’t start a thread just to advertise the business. I ask as I can see a new profile post that advertises a pet food retail outlet.

Can advertising be posted as a profile post ? Like we are allowed to put links to certain things in our signature, such as to a small business. But we can’t start a thread just to advertise the business. I ask as I can see a new profile post that advertises a pet food retail outlet.
Yep, rules would be the same for profile posts. So it's fine to have a link on your own profile with details of your business.... but we wouldn't allow people to leave messages on other people's profiles. If you message me the user name I'm happy to check it out though.

Babsie, I left you a profile message (don't worry everyone, I'm not advertising my own business lol) so it might make more sense.

Yep, rules would be the same for profile posts. So it's fine to have a link on your own profile with details of your business.... but we wouldn't allow people to leave messages on other people's profiles. If you message me the user name I'm happy to check it out though.

Babsie, I left you a profile message (don't worry everyone, I'm not advertising my own business lol) so it might make more sense.
I reported the profile post so you should be able to see what I am talking about 😀

Thank you Karen. Just feeling a little thick ...and old ...and in need of a drink ...but I have received that special card! :ROFLMAO:

Back