• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've just lost Ziggy.- more upset

Thanks, everybody. This has really broken me, I can't focus at all today, I keep wondering how long he was like that, I feel so guilty.

It just gets worse, we are just back from the vet. Mustard, our blind, toxo cat was shaking and salivating just after we fed them. The vet thinks that the fireworks have overstimulated his system- toxo can make animals hyersensitive to things. He has had a steriod inject, an antibiotic as a cover and a sedative. The vet says the next step might have been a fit, but hopefully we can prevent that with the meds.

nose twitches

Isoory miss half penny.
did the vet give you any idea as to what was wrong

to cry when you picked him up must have been distressing

venice

Im so sorry Louise,sending big hugs your way at this sad time.Sleep tight Ziggy and little quail and sending speedy recovery vibes Mustards way

Poor Mustard. :( I hope he's feeling better today & I hope you are too. Hugs. xxx

Thank you,we've had a rough night where nobody really slept. Mike ended up on the living room sofa because his snoring was disturbing Mustard.:oops: We were told t keep things quiet and dark. I had Mustard in bed with me, but he wouldn't settle and I was worried he would fall off, so it was a restless night. He is a bit disorientated today, but seems better than last night. He keeps wandering around calling, but is resting on the bed at the moment.
Toxoplasmosis is similar to E.cunicli, the same group of parasties causes it- protozoan, so it is hard to treat and once the damage is done, there is no cure. The vet has said he may gradually get worse and it may get to the point where he will have to be PTS. That was my fear last night, we're not out of the woods yet but hopefully this was just a reaction to the fireworks and not a long term deterioration.

Back