• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well this is a turn up for the books!

dollyanna

Alpha Buck
I really need to post something on the forum that isn't humping related before you all decide I have some weird obsession, BUT - after 13 weeks of intermittent but considerable humping from Odin, tonight the tide turned and Freja was humping him!
Was kind of wondering if it was going to happen, she's been growing in size and confidence, and a week ago he kicked off again without an obvious trigger - which made me wonder if she was maybe reaching a level of maturity that altered the hierarchy a bit? Poor girl after finally growing all her coat back was getting a bit bald at the neck again, so after losing my bottle of Pet Remedy we bought a plug in diffuser version instead, which sits right by their sleeping area but out of reach.
Since then, he hasn't been seen to hump and has reverted to the lovely chilled boy we first had before he said he was lonely, she has escalated in confidence and just sheer sass, and then 3 days in this happened!
These guys are just fascinating to watch from a behavioural point of view, I could watch them talking for hours. Will be watching closely just in case it causes any upset, but currently he seems to have just accepted it and they are very happy and cuddly together, and also falling asleep in front of us most nights which is really lovely.

aww, when Mouse had her Rudey they would have little periods of trying to hump one another. May peace & love reign

Thats interesting! My boy has just started constantly humping my girl (both neutered for YEARS and living together for over a year). Can I ask which pet remedy you tried? Might get one myself.

Thats interesting! My boy has just started constantly humping my girl (both neutered for YEARS and living together for over a year). Can I ask which pet remedy you tried? Might get one myself.

It is just called PetRemedy - suitable for all animals. I got the spray to start with as it was sold locally, and it did a magic job but seemed to wear off so we had to keep applying it, and it didn't work so well when he was really really anxious (like when we had to change their entire floor bedding and replace boxes). The plugin seems to create a much more consistent stress reduction. https://petremedy.co.uk/

Still all chilled in this little big warren, Freja has leapt in size and sass in the space of two days, not sure how much of this is timing, down to the plugin calming her, or to her being more outgoing because he is more relaxed! Either way she's overtaken him now, 1.5 time as wide and getting longer too. She's going to be a big girl!!

Back