• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

well i have put them together

Rita

Warren Scout
i decided as today was going to be a nice day to re-bond my two.
i have been worried all morning at work if this was going to work or not.
i put them in the run together with the partition up as they are use to going out in the run, i thought let them smell each other as they have not seen one another for 2 days because of this awful weather.
so after 1 hour i decided to put them into the cattery, which is going to be their forever home.
i took a cup of tea my stool and gloves in with me just encase it all kicked off.

WELL immediately they ran round sniffing everything out, i put in all new stuff, nothing of theirs, so everything was brand new.
i can't believe it, it's just like they have never been apart, they have groomed each other, sharing the greens i put in. i spread loads of their favourite greens all over the floor in the hay boxes every where.
they have even been asleep next to each other.
so can i say they have bonded, or can it all change.
they have been together for a couple of hours. my back is killing me now sitting on that stool, but was it worth it, just to watch them interact. :love: http://i59.tinypic.com/21bvyuo.jpghttp://i58.tinypic.com/2zntus8.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/2zntus8.jpg

thank you both.
i can't believe it myself, i know that we all worry about bonding are bunnies, but i was really worried it would all go horribly wrong.
i have just been out there and they are just snuggled up to each other, bless.
he uses that ladder like a racing track. so funny to watch. i am one very happy lady.

What a wonderful result. I am sure it helps that you have given them a lovely area with plenty to do.

oh dear we have had a set back. they have been in together for 4 hours every thing was fine. i got ready to go too spin class and went to have a quick check on them and their is fur all other the place. i didn't know whether to separate them or not, she was hiding in the box in the hutch and he was sitting outside, i put food and water and a litter tray for her. I was at spin for 1 hour it was the longest 1 hour i had to do. when i got back i was so worried, but there they were sitting by each other eating. do you think he's just being over active with her, as he was doing the wall of death earlier, i have never seen a rabbit tank around so quick in all my life. shall i leave them together, i don't really want to separate them and start all over again. they seem alright at the moment, but i am worried it might kick off again.

Oh no! I'm sure your spin class wasn't any fun while you were worrying about them! I'm not sure what to suggest but hopefully this bumps it so someone else with suggestions notices! Didn't want to read and run! Good luck!

thank you AmberNikSee, it's all peace and quiet now, been sat out with them in the cattery and they are sitting and eating together nicely now. i think he's getting to excited with her. bless.

Back