• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welcoming Luna aka Snowy U/D she's here! :)

Oh that's a wonderful update! :love: She must know she is well loved and cared for now, sounds like she is more than happy to be around you, I am so glad she's being friendly! :)

Oh, she has been on the warpath today!!

When I went in to remove her litter tray for cleaning she properly charged me and bit my ankle. She grunted and stomped until I refilled it and put it back... and then emptied it everywhere Miss Piggy style: hiiiiiyaaaa!! She growled at my son when he went to say hello. He laughed and that made her madder :lol:

She did some proper binkies and a couple of 360s this evening, then let me stroke her to sleep. While she was lying there I noticed she has really bad poo and urine stains underneath (and up her sides which I had seen but not this bad) and a sore hock :( I'm nervous about tomorrow and really hope she gets the all-clear from my vet.

Please cross fingers, toes and eyes for us!

Oh, she has been on the warpath today!!

When I went in to remove her litter tray for cleaning she properly charged me and bit my ankle. She grunted and stomped until I refilled it and put it back... and then emptied it everywhere Miss Piggy style: hiiiiiyaaaa!! She growled at my son when he went to say hello. He laughed and that made her madder :lol:

She did some proper binkies and a couple of 360s this evening, then let me stroke her to sleep. While she was lying there I noticed she has really bad poo and urine stains underneath (and up her sides which I had seen but not this bad) and a sore hock :( I'm nervous about tomorrow and really hope she gets the all-clear from my vet.

Please cross fingers, toes and eyes for us!

Thinking of you both. She sounds like a real little madam :D

Teeth: fine
Eyesight:fine
General condition:fine!
:D
Hocks:sore :( but I knew that. E45 cream and soft bedding.
Spay booked for next Wednesday!

Glad she has received a full bill of health, aside from the hocks which will hopefully clear up soon. Xx

Having a child-free day so thought I'd make Luna some toys (the other two have loads and are free range, in case this reeked of favouritism). I started off by turning a box of Burgess herbs into a yurt.
IMG_20160813_144501_zpsfrala5qo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then I got some sisal rope and drilled holes in some wooden chews...
IMG_20160813_144105_zpscf93vcd0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
... and made a very simple hiyaaaaa toy for when she's chucking everything about :roll:
IMG_20160813_144419_zpsem00iine.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

When presented with these genius creations, I SWEAR she raised an eyebrow at me. As if to ask, "are you ****ing taking the ****?

I then went inside. When I looked out the kitchen window a short while later, she had packed her toy and was clearly going glamping.

:roll:

Brilliant :love: What a lovely little character she is and how well it demonstrates the ability of rabbits to put their past life behind them and assess new situations for what they are. I'm so pleased that she got a good report from the vet. Hopefully with more exercise on a gentle surface her hocks will improve. Animals obtained in circumstances like this become so precious. Well done for taking her on and giving her a chance.

:love: She is fabulous, give her a nose rub from me please - you can keep the ankle assaults & contemptuous looks for yourself :lol:x

Back