• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welcoming Luna aka Snowy U/D she's here! :)

Sat with her last night: she was fine with me in the room :) She was thumping and ?honking (making a voiced 'pffft' noise) at her tunnel! When it wasn't in quite the right place she ran around it, honked, thumped at it, then 'attacked' it and gave it a good licking! :lol: She also attacked (pounced on) the toilet roll tubes I pushed through the bars slowly and gently :roll: She loves the treatball, but she's not obsessed with pellets: she likes them, and pokes her nose at me when I fill the ball up, but she doesn't zoom about after it like Lopsy did: she just pushes it slowly about with her nose, and changes direction if nothing comes out for a bit :thumb: She lies to throw her other balls too, and I think she'd like to throw the treatball more but it's hard to get a grip on ours.

This morning she left Matt stroke her head for a while (maybe a minute?) before she pawed at him, and she was VERY interested in my feet (argh, tickly whiskers!) and sniffed my hands when I put them down away from her face :) I'd call that progress!

She also used her tunnel as a flopping pillow last night :love:

I adopted a little friend for Luna. Tangles isn't convinced...:lol:

IMG_20160803_163807_zpscwvrd05d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I adopted a little friend for Luna. Tangles isn't convinced...:lol:
OMG I have exactly the same one! She's called Harriet and we leave her strategically around the house when we have guests because she's so mistakeable! Although my cuddly toys don't go anywhere near the real rabbits because cuddly toys are like my children...! Harriet came from Snettisham Farm Park just a few weeks ago :)

Luna has now learnt that food can by up as well as on the floor: she's started eating the brambles Matt hung over the side of the pen. Also, she's all way-round-wrong! Her underside is dark! She looks so daft when she flops. I was also treated to a fantastic binky last night :love:

OMG I have exactly the same one! She's called Harriet and we leave her strategically around the house when we have guests because she's so mistakeable! Although my cuddly toys don't go anywhere near the real rabbits because cuddly toys are like my children...! Harriet came from Snettisham Farm Park just a few weeks ago :)

Luna has now learnt that food can by up as well as on the floor: she's started eating the brambles Matt hung over the side of the pen. Also, she's all way-round-wrong! Her underside is dark! She looks so daft when she flops. I was also treated to a fantastic binky last night :love:

I've only just seen this! Coinkidinks! :)

Thank you guys so much for everything xxx

Keletkezes faced horrible traffic jams to bring this lovely lady home to us! :)

The (almost) finished enclosure. Roof was a bit of a disaster so will be using a tarp until Tuesday when we get some more wood!!
IMG_20160806_131207_zpsw5um1hxl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Meeting Lupin...

IMG_20160806_190407_zpssrb0pqye.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lupin flirting (for which he paid afterward)
IMG_20160806_190453_1_zpsfebhgmhn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Meeting Tangles...
IMG_20160806_190540_zpsole85suw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ignoring Tangles.
IMG_20160806_190618_zpsi2wxsfca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nom nom nom
IMG_20160806_190840_1_zpsyjtm0vlx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She was a lovely guest, although very 'hands-off' for us! She travelled so well to: I think she preferred the traffic jam (took us about 2hrs to do 4 miles?!) to travelling! :lol: I loved how she reacted to Tanglefoot and Lupin :D Was also a pleasure for me and Matt to meet your furry etc. family :D

The very best of luck! She's got such a great life ahead :D

She was a lovely guest, although very 'hands-off' for us! She travelled so well to: I think she preferred the traffic jam (took us about 2hrs to do 4 miles?!) to travelling! :lol: I loved how she reacted to Tanglefoot and Lupin :D Was also a pleasure for me and Matt to meet your furry etc. family :D

The very best of luck! She's got such a great life ahead :D

We're so grateful. Was a pleasure to meet your lovely selves, too!

Looks great for her, I'm so pleased :love: Thank you again every one involved :D

Thank you! And thanks to your friend for not putting her to sleep! Luna is LOVELY. She is hormonal and scared but so sweet and funny and very, very affectionate. She loves a nice rub between her ears (if approached slowly and not from above). She is very playful and loves all her toys.

I spent some time lying still in her run this evening to get her used to me without feeling threatened. She hopped around me in circles for a while, then eventually she started licking my face, then actually lay down snuggled up to me for at least 20 minutes! I couldn't bloody believe it!

Provided all goes well on Wednesday I have every confidence we can give her a very decent life. I am even hopeful of finding her a friend when she is ready.

We all love her already :love:

Back