• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WARNING east sussex folk please protect your bunnies

Unless you have extra details we don't know about, I'm pretty sure this will be a fox attack. I find decapitated pigeons and collared doves near us all the time...classic sign of a fox attack :(

i know some animals only eat the heads of some of there pray but as youve said its a person, which makes it saditic and just as worrying as if they can do to pets what and who else would they do.

Serial killers usually start on animals and work their way up, so this is definitely extremely worrying. I hope it is a fox to be honest rather than the next Fred West.

No, it was like this - rabbits were being decapitated and bled :cry:

I'm still convinced that German one was a fox, and to be honest most of these cases I do still think are foxes - having experienced it myself, at the time I would have absolutely convinced anyone around that it was a human had done it, and the police did agree with us too at the time. There was absolutely no mess or fuss, literally just a rabbit with no head and no sign of blood. It was only a couple of weeks later it became clear that it had been a fox. :(

I'm worried now, but don't want to padlock my hutch, in case I need to get to them quickly???

While there are no doubt some horrible people about that do poison cats I just thought I would mention that the pollen from lilies is extremely poisonous to cats-(the tall white lilies you get in bunches of flowers at supermarkets/florists).

If they brush past them and then lick the pollen off their fur it can be fatal. I don't know if any other plants have this effect or if lilies are toxic to rabbits but since being told about their effect on cats I refuse to have lilies in the house.-Sue:wave:

How awful :cry:
i did read recently that this had been happening, what kind of sick person could do such a thing. :censored:

Bless them all.

While there are no doubt some horrible people about that do poison cats I just thought I would mention that the pollen from lilies is extremely poisonous to cats-(the tall white lilies you get in bunches of flowers at supermarkets/florists).

If they brush past them and then lick the pollen off their fur it can be fatal. I don't know if any other plants have this effect or if lilies are toxic to rabbits but since being told about their effect on cats I refuse to have lilies in the house.-Sue:wave:

do you mean the death lily as they are known, or the other type with the staining pollen?
i have death lillies in my gardens, if they are the ones i shall get rid.

this is horrible.. i hope it is just a fox, but either way its horrible :( very sorry to hear for all of the affected parties, hopefully it is not a human and they do not continue.

Back