• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

??? Warning do not read if easily offended

I've sent a mail asking where they are based, because if they're close a good kicking from a few people I know will be arranged. :evil: :evil:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!:

isnt shhot animals illegal now? or is that just foxes? why doesnt someone get the address and inform the police if poss
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Please don't flame me for this but.....

....I am not against this. I grew up in the countryside surrounded by farms where cute lambs, piglets and calves were born and I knew full well these sweet little animals would be on the dinner table in a few weeks. Just as the cute bunnies in the fields would be shot because they burrowed all over the farmers land and caused no end of damage to crops and fencing and stone walling etc... They also spread disease and I was very aware as a child/teenager that any wild bunny wandering into our garden could very easily infect my much loved pet bunnies.

I think its a shame that we have to kill animals at all but it is a fact of life. The wild rabbit population can get out of control so easily, they can do so much damage - farmers have to earn a living and honestly I have seen the damage they can do to farmland and its amazing that such small animals can create so much havoc!

I love my bunnies, I am very protective of them would hate for anything bad to happen to them but my upbringing in the countryside has meant I have had to accept that cute animals get killed - including bunnies.

HOWEVER - going out shooting rabbits is not something I would ever agree is a game or should be done for fun but if you are a farmer or land owner and your land is being ruined by rabbits (or any other animal) then I am sure they will be pleased to let someone else come and get rid of said animal.

Please don't flame me for my point of view!

Jay.

PS - I am by the way dead set against fox hunting despite being brought up in a village where we regularly saw the hunt in progress.

jay2 said:
Please don't flame me for this but.....

....I am not against this. I grew up in the countryside surrounded by farms where cute lambs, piglets and calves were born and I knew full well these sweet little animals would be on the dinner table in a few weeks. Just as the cute bunnies in the fields would be shot because they burrowed all over the farmers land and caused no end of damage to crops and fencing and stone walling etc... They also spread disease and I was very aware as a child/teenager that any wild bunny wandering into our garden could very easily infect my much loved pet bunnies.

I think its a shame that we have to kill animals at all but it is a fact of life. The wild rabbit population can get out of control so easily, they can do so much damage - farmers have to earn a living and honestly I have seen the damage they can do to farmland and its amazing that such small animals can create so much havoc!

I love my bunnies, I am very protective of them would hate for anything bad to happen to them but my upbringing in the countryside has meant I have had to accept that cute animals get killed - including bunnies.

HOWEVER - going out shooting rabbits is not something I would ever agree is a game or should be done for fun but if you are a farmer or land owner and your land is being ruined by rabbits (or any other animal) then I am sure they will be pleased to let someone else come and get rid of said animal.

Please don't flame me for my point of view!

Jay.

PS - I am by the way dead set against fox hunting despite being brought up in a village where we regularly saw the hunt in progress.

I'm horsey, grew up in a village, work on a farm & am a vegetarian. I'm totally against killing animals for sport, though I have no problem with cows/sheep/even bunnies being bred & kept for meat. (Eating a bred-to- eat cow is the same as eating a bred-to-eat bun to me). This free ad seems cruel to me cos it seems to be for the sport of it. They don't seem bothered what they kill, so it isn't really about keeping the rabbit population down.

Incidentally, didn't I read somewhere that myxi was introduced INTENTIONALLY to wild rabbits to keep the population down? So if they are already providing them with a slow painful death, do we need to shoot them aswell????

Incidentally, didn't I read somewhere that myxi was introduced INTENTIONALLY to wild rabbits to keep the population down? So if they are already providing them with a slow painful death, do we need to shoot them aswell????

Yes, myxi was introduced intentionally, as was VHD in Australia. Its awful that it was introduced at all.

Shooting bunnies shouldn't be for sport, if they are doing damage to a farmers land then I agree that they do need to be killed. But to do it for sport - no way is that right!

I have a problem with any animals being killed, we don't own this planet and I can't stand the big headedness of people who think it's ok to kill an animal for food, diesease control, testing or any other pathetic reason, with a load of half hearted excuses for it. The best thing that can happen to this planet is for our own race to be killed off, because we're awfull parasites, now I'm moving away from this topic before I get Bryn banned.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm going to report this post and see if this can be moved to the welfare section I deliberately avoid that forum as I get myself into trouble, because I so don't agree with people saying it's ok to kill and if offends me terribly.

Bryn666 said:
I'm going to report this post and see if this can be moved to the welfare section I deliberately avoid that forum as I get myself into trouble, because I so don't agree with people saying it's ok to kill and if offends me terribly.

Sorry mate :oops:

Angie66 said:
Bryn666 said:

:lol: :lol: No it's not no ones fault honest, I appreciate people have different views I just get so upset and kick off and I don't want to rant and upset anyone. Welfare section is terrible I stay out of there these days. :lol:

It just turns my stomach thinking someone could blow away a bunny, it just makes me so mad :cry:

Bryn666 said:
Angie66 said:
Bryn666 said:

:lol: :lol: No it's not no ones fault honest, I appreciate people have different views I just get so upset and kick off and I don't want to rant and upset anyone. Welfare section is terrible I stay out of there these days. :lol:

It just turns my stomach thinking someone could blow away a bunny, it just makes me so mad :cry:

ANY EXCUSE TO PRESS THE RED BUTTON :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back