• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: Doe <1year in Herts/Cmbs/Beds/Essex

I can definitely recommend Caroline at the rabbit residence. Both of our buns have come from there - originally we got Ross to go with our existing house bunny Heidi, then when Heidi died we went back and chose Crunchie. Caroline is always very busy but after she'd told us who was available we just helped ourselves to food and fed most of the bunnies. We quite liked the fact that she said just wander round and see what you think, so we spent ages playing with all of the pairs in the warrens and stroking the singles in the hutches - it was great having so many bunnies to play with!

She did the bonding indoors for us at her office and must have spent quite a bit of time with them - she knew Heidi's personality inside out when we got the bonded pair back and Heidi was always a quiet one, difficult to get to know.

I hope you find the right bun soon, its so much better with 2 (or more!) buns.

Hi Beau, glad your sore bit is feeling better and pleased to hear you have been given the go ahead to start dating!

Have you looked at the RSPCA website, there is a centre at Southridge, Potters Bar sort of way and another one in Herts,where they have lots of buns, also the National Animal Welfare Trust, just outside Watford on the A41.
You'll have to ask them about bonding.

www.rspca.org.uk go to the rehoming section and you can search for animals near you.
www.rspca-middlesex.org.uk

Have to say though Caroline is not too keen on NIC cube setups (she says she's seen buns she's rehomed to them become very stressed by them so doesn't like to do it now) and does also like housebunnies to have somewhere safe to play outdoors, so if you're seriously thinking of a bun from there, I'd discuss accommodation with her first because you could end up in a situation where you fall in love with a bun and have a different type of set up to the sort she prefers to see.

I'm sure you'll find the perfect bun for your lovely lad very soon :)

Have to say though Caroline is not too keen on NIC cube setups (she says she's seen buns she's rehomed to them become very stressed by them so doesn't like to do it now) and does also like housebunnies to have somewhere safe to play outdoors, so if you're seriously thinking of a bun from there, I'd discuss accommodation with her first because you could end up in a situation where you fall in love with a bun and have a different type of set up to the sort she prefers to see.

I'm sure you'll find the perfect bun for your lovely lad very soon :)

She's seen my setup in photos and seemed happy enough, as long as we offered outdoor opportunities inside, e.g. grass in a pot to dig in. I know what you mean though, she did seem a bit reluctant :?

Aah that's ok then, I just didn't want you to go so far down a road and then discover that it wasn't going to work for you.

Caroline is an absolute star though, she is always very busy and going 10 to the dozen but she has a very keen eye for what she's doing throughout and knows exactly what is going on there at any one time. I don't think she'd be at all unhappy for you to get stuck in and say 'hello' to the bunnies so if you do feel there might be a suitable bun there, don't feel afraid to wade in :)

Back