• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Waiting to make an appointment with the vet for Marble :(!

Did they manage to get the blood from the vessel in her ear? :wave:
Yeah. They didn't get much, but got enough :s apparently she was very good for them (why can't they behave for me?!) Bloods are being sent to the lab, should have results tomorrow.

In the meantime I have one very grumpy bunny!

Yeah. They didn't get much, but got enough :s apparently she was very good for them (why can't they behave for me?!) Bloods are being sent to the lab, should have results tomorrow.

In the meantime I have one very grumpy bunny!
Hopefully its nothing major then and glad they got the bloods easiliy :wave:

Hopefully its nothing major then and glad they got the bloods easiliy :wave:
They're checking liver and kidney function. The vet said that usually rabbits with problems with kidney/liver have lost weight etc. So I'm feeling hopeful that it's not.

:( hope Marble is OK thinking of you, is she miserable or still causing trouble ;)

Hope bloods come back with a simple fix and nothing horrid, Vibes for Marble :love:

:( hope Marble is OK thinking of you, is she miserable or still causing trouble ;)

Hope bloods come back with a simple fix and nothing horrid, Vibes for Marble :love:
She's in a huff with me, but she always is after a vet visit. I'm winning her round with cuddles on the bed though ;) keeping a close eye on her, measuring how much she drinks, and waiting for her to pee so I can get a sample!

Thank you :) if it is anything,I've hopefully caught it early!

These animals are such a worry!

She's in a huff with me, but she always is after a vet visit. I'm winning her round with cuddles on the bed though ;) keeping a close eye on her, measuring how much she drinks, and waiting for her to pee so I can get a sample!

Thank you :) if it is anything,I've hopefully caught it early!

These animals are such a worry!

Awwww. Her favourite place!!!

I'm sorry I missed this tash, :oops::( hope Marble bunny is ok. Sending (((vibes))) for good news and some (((noserubs))) for Marble.xxx

I'm sorry I missed this tash, :oops::( hope Marble bunny is ok. Sending (((vibes))) for good news and some (((noserubs))) for Marble.xxx
No need to apologise!! Thanks though :)! She's had lots of nose rubs, and cuddles today :love: just want the results now so I know!

sending vibes and hoping it's nothing serious. bladder issues can cause excess drinking aswell as they try to flush it through themselves. i notice it's always one of the earliest signs of a uti. but as she's otherwise ok, hopefully it's just her trying to panic you a bit. they certainly like to do that. :roll::love: x

sending vibes and hoping it's nothing serious. bladder issues can cause excess drinking aswell as they try to flush it through themselves. i notice it's always one of the earliest signs of a uti. but as she's otherwise ok, hopefully it's just her trying to panic you a bit. they certainly like to do that. :roll::love: x

Thank you :)
I think the reason they asked for a urine sample is to rule out a UTI? Not entirely sure, but I haven't been able to get one...she went on the towel next to her litter tray after sitting in the litter tray for a while looking confused :roll:

Is it something they can check via blood tests as well?
I think she might just be trying to panic me...it certainly worked :roll::lol:

Thank you :)
I think the reason they asked for a urine sample is to rule out a UTI? Not entirely sure, but I haven't been able to get one...she went on the towel next to her litter tray after sitting in the litter tray for a while looking confused :roll:

Is it something they can check via blood tests as well?
I think she might just be trying to panic me...it certainly worked :roll::lol:

The Vet may be able to express her bladder to obtain a urine sample :)

Back