• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinnie - Two years today

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
To my gorgeous baby girl, who passed on to Rainbow Bridge this morning after a long fight with EC. She had such a good day yesterday, running about like a mad thing, it was her last boost to us before she said goodbye.

We don't know how old you were but I know you came to the best life possible and were spoilt rotten as deserved. Sleep tight Vinnie and chew as much as you like with your new bunny friends. Love you x

Some pictures of my girl.
Imported22feb2010207.jpg

Having a snuggle
Imported22feb2010259.jpg

Getting into something she shouldn't have!
012.jpg

A sneaky picture when she wasn't looking
IMG_0190.jpg

Snuggles in Andrew's big cozy arms, you always preferred them to mine.
Imported22feb2010307.jpg

Adventuring - What you did best!
Imported22feb2010215.jpg

And enjoying a treat
Imported22feb2010321.jpg

Night Adventure Rabbit, we'll always remember you, how far you came from the grumpy rabbit I picked up to the one who gave licks and snuggles. Run free darling. x xxx

Last edited:
Thank you for posting guys, it means a lot. We're just heading off to bury her, she's going to rainbow bridge in a rainbow box tied with a rainbow ribbon. :) RIP Vinnie x xxx

So sorry for your loss. Binky free at the Bridge Vinnie.
Its very touching that you are going in a rainbow box with rainbow ribbon.
xx

:( I just saw that Vinnie had gone on Facebook and nearly cried and now this has set me right off! Possibly a bit oversensitive today... :oops::oops:

Thistle and Jess will miss their internet penpal bunny. :love:

Good night Vinnie, I hope you're 100% un-wonked over the bridge xxx

Thank you for posting guys, it means a lot. We're just heading off to bury her, she's going to rainbow bridge in a rainbow box tied with a rainbow ribbon. :) RIP Vinnie x xxx

That's a lovely idea :)

I am so sorry you lost Vinnie :cry::cry: she was beautiful.

Binky free at the bridge Vinnie xxx

Thank you so so much for your comments, it's nice to be in a place where people appreciate she was more than 'just a rabbit'. We found a lovely place for her in a quiet spot with plenty of food and gave her a good send off.
Rest in peace my beautiful beautiful girl, you mean the world to me and Andrew. x xxx

:( I just saw that Vinnie had gone on Facebook and nearly cried and now this has set me right off!

You're not the only one! Thank you for your comment on fb, I saw them and started bawling all over again so haven't replied yet. I still have the picture of Jess and 'Fistle' on my desktop, it makes me well up whenever I close a window too. It's lovely though and I wanted to ask if you would mind me printing it out to put in her scrapbook?

Thank you. I can't stop coming back to this thread. She was so special and was more of a friend to me than nearly all the people I know so it's hard to know she's gone. I thought I would post the poem that we wrote on the inside of her box as it's beautiful.

To Vinnie,

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand on my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.

x xxx

I still have the picture of Jess and 'Fistle' on my desktop, it makes me well up whenever I close a window too. It's lovely though and I wanted to ask if you would mind me printing it out to put in her scrapbook?

Awwhh, that's a lovely idea, and yes! Of course you can! I actually have several pictures, all kind of the same (I had to get an 'extra cute' one :roll:) so if you'd like me to I can send them all to you in a PM and you can pick your favourite?!

I still can't believe little Vinnie's gone. Seems like only yesterday we were chatting on here about EC and how well our bunnies were doing. :(

The poem is beautiful too. Welling up again! Oh dear! :roll:

Back