• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed please - *warning* graphic pics - U/D post 170 new picture

Thank you everyone, she is quite comfortable considering, I just hope we can get her through this

Oh my that is a big hole!
I deffo think that the manuka honey will work wonders with this abscess, it really is amazing :)

Aww poor girl! scary how fast abscesses can occur ay? hope it heals fast and well. Have you joined the facebook "cheeseface club" for people nursing buns with abscesses?

Aww poor girl! scary how fast abscesses can occur ay? hope it heals fast and well. Have you joined the facebook "cheeseface club" for people nursing buns with abscesses?

Yes, it was really worrying how quickly it came up, I don't think I have ever seen one grow that fast before, but hopefully we've got it under control now, and yes I have joined the cheeseface group

I would be reluctant to say it doesn't involve the jaw without Xrays - I have treated lots of these that appear unconnected at first glance but Xrays show changes around a tooth root and small tracts from the jaw to the abscess have been identified in surgery. Hopefully she will be the rare case that is just a skin abscess.
Marie

That looks nastier than the ones Teasel developed on her face and head from fighting. Did the vet find any signs of an entrance wound?

Poor girl- I hope it does heal well for her.

Ohhhh poor little girl. :( What a brave bunny she is.

Sending lots of vibes and hope that she recovers very soon. xx

Back