• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Skye...update on 1st, Skye has gone to rainbow bridge ;-(

Only just seen this. Let me know if you need me to pop in to feed and/or medicate at any time.

Adding my vibes for Skye xxxx

Only just seen this. Let me know if you need me to pop in to feed and/or medicate at any time.

Adding my vibes for Skye xxxx

Thanks Karen, you're so kind. Luckily I'm only in the office all week (2min from home) so I've been popping back as and when necessary to give her meds and feed etc

No better this lunchtime, I think I may take her to anton later. I wonder if it's her teeth as there's a grinding sound when I syringe feed her. My vet checked them and said they're fine but I know you can't always see all of them

So I took Skye to see John this evening, he's keeping her and Noah in overnight and will be doing more tests tomorrow if she's not improved.

Worried, but relieved as she's in the best hands now

Sorry to hear there's still a mystery afoot with Skye's condition but hoping the vet will suss it out quickly.
((((((((Topping up vibes))))))))) xxxx

Thanks for all your vibes. They've worked :D

News this morning is that they changed her medication and put her on a drip, and this morning she passed a load of diarrhoea (all over the vet nurse :oops:) and started eating again soon afterwards

John is doing a couple of tests given her history to check there's nothing more sinister going on, so currently waiting for the results of those. She's not a stasis bunny, and this is really unlike her so I'm convinced there's something underlying, so hopefully we will find out what.

So Skye is staying another night under the care of John Chitty, as whilst she has improved, she's still not ready to come home. We're also waiting for some test results which should hopefully come through tomorrow. I hope she can come home tomorrow. Noah is keeping her company, it's such a relief knowing they have each other whilst they're there

So up until yesterday Skye was improving, and the hope was they could come home either today or tomorrow. I got a phone call this morning from John to say that she had deteriorated very rapidly last night and went to the bridge in the early hours of this morning. :cry:

I'm devastated, anyone who knows me will know how much she meant to me, we spent most of last year back and forth to see John with her and we thought all her medical problems were behind her as she was doing so well.

John is doing a PM to find out what went wrong, as all the tests he did while she was alive didn't show up anything significantly abnormal, but there was clearly something else going on.

Can't believe ill never see her again :( I don't think its quite sunk in yet :cry:

Back