• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Pippin U/D vet has just called page 3

Vet just called me, which normally means bad news (and not even that made me need the loo :oops::lol:),

Apparently while she was under they would not find anything that would of been causing her discomfort teeth wise, but under her tongue was a massive bruise, he said it was strange. She's either bit her tongue while eating or she did have a spur that has broke of naturally as the bruise would be where a cut would be in rabbits that have had their teeth left untreated, but he said there was no cut just a bruise and nothing there to cause it. He took down any edges of her teeth anyway, but he said next time it may be worth leaving her a couple of days on metacam as it's something that has corrected itself and he can't think of anything else that has caused it.

I feel guilty now, I rushed her in and had her put under and she didn't really need it :oops:, she's still sleeping at the minute, but should be able to come home in a couple of hours. :D

Awwwwwww yay for Pippin!

That was like when I took Poppet but his spur was still there and it had torn his tongue - sending her noserubs for later much to her digust :lol:

Im so glad Pippin is feeling better Tree.

Dont blame yourself for rushing Pippin in you never know with these bunnies! :D

Thanks, I feel a bit embarressed now :oops:, I'm a bit like an overprotecive mom, good job I don't want kids they will always be up A&E with a sneeze :oops::lol:. He said if it ever happens again to run my fingers down her back teeth (he said her mouth is massive and would be easy to do), I said you've got to be joking she's but through my nail into my finger before now :lol::lol::lol:

Hope Pippin will be alright. Don't feel embarassed. Penny was not ok last week, too, and it could have been the weather, but she also has spurs, so she'll have a dental next week. She has lost weight (while Snoopy and Luna gained some...:roll:). At least you know for sure now that Pippin's teeth are ok.

Im glad Pippin is ok.Dont feel :oops: at least you took her to the vet because you were worried.Its better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Great news shes okay. My vet checks my bunnies teeth by putting her finger in their mouths and feeling. I always think sooner you than me, but they never bite her.

Back