• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vhd

Aaaw poor boy! he can settle a bit now after all that.

I know i feel so awful but he was in a terrible neglected state when i got him, it was heart wrenching the way he was left in squalor and filth it made me cry, i just wanted to get him well again. xxx

Louie bumble was exactly the same after his VHD, I was really worried about him.

He was "off" for a good 24 hours.

I will be requesting Lapinject when he has his next one.

Louie bumble was exactly the same after his VHD, I was really worried about him.

He was "off" for a good 24 hours.

I will be requesting Lapinject when he has his next one.

It seems to be a pattern on here with the VHD jab, i havent a clue whch "brand" he had to be honest, with his swelling etc i forgot to ask.

I will take him down to the surgery if he dosent seem to be brighter in the morning, they open at 8am. xxx

:shock: what's happening with your bun? I know the VHD jab can be a little more harsh on them compared to the Myxo...Bella was ok with hers last yr, Oscar will be his first whilst with me so don't know how he'll be.

Well basically after the injection she was very distant from me. she would not come out of her cage the next morning she always always comes out and is very affectionate towards us. Then she stopped eating, weeing, pooing and drinking. We took her back to the vets the next day and she was given an anti inflammitory and a appitie enhancer. She has been given medicine to take at home. Firstly she was given the anti inflammitory which is also a pain killer as her stomach is very tender and sore. She also has the appitie enhancer which she really hates and we have been able to put it on curly kale to get her to eat a little. But no nuggets have been eaten for a few days now.

Then yesterday we took her back again to the vets as she has only been weeing and having no nuggets just over a handful of kale to keep her stomach moving. Her temperature was a little over normal and she still has a tender stomach. It is all like similar to our flu shes groggy and unhappy at the moment. They then gave her an injection of Morphine i think it is to last until 2.30 today when i take her back to the vets as over night she still hasnt been eating or drinking.

She just really isnt my usual happy go lucky bunny. I was even in tears last night as i thought we might loose her.
She wont be getting that injection again even the vet disagrees with her getting it.

I am spending every second looking at my little baby. making sure she is ok.

My guinea pig is also picking up that shes poorly we usually put him in his cage in the garden and she goes up to his cage to see him and kisses his nose. he keeps going to my bedroom door to go and ssee her bless him, but they obv cant be together for a little while i want to nurse her back to full health first.

Just be careful and be aware of the symptoms. x

Well basically after the injection she was very distant from me. she would not come out of her cage the next morning she always always comes out and is very affectionate towards us. Then she stopped eating, weeing, pooing and drinking. We took her back to the vets the next day and she was given an anti inflammitory and a appitie enhancer. She has been given medicine to take at home. Firstly she was given the anti inflammitory which is also a pain killer as her stomach is very tender and sore. She also has the appitie enhancer which she really hates and we have been able to put it on curly kale to get her to eat a little. But no nuggets have been eaten for a few days now.

Then yesterday we took her back again to the vets as she has only been weeing and having no nuggets just over a handful of kale to keep her stomach moving. Her temperature was a little over normal and she still has a tender stomach. It is all like similar to our flu shes groggy and unhappy at the moment. They then gave her an injection of Morphine i think it is to last until 2.30 today when i take her back to the vets as over night she still hasnt been eating or drinking.

She just really isnt my usual happy go lucky bunny. I was even in tears last night as i thought we might loose her.
She wont be getting that injection again even the vet disagrees with her getting it.

I am spending every second looking at my little baby. making sure she is ok.

My guinea pig is also picking up that shes poorly we usually put him in his cage in the garden and she goes up to his cage to see him and kisses his nose. he keeps going to my bedroom door to go and ssee her bless him, but they obv cant be together for a little while i want to nurse her back to full health first.

Just be careful and be aware of the symptoms. x

Oh no!
i suppose like every medicine for us or rabbits we can have reactions and they can make us poorly, i hope your bunny picks up soon, it can make you feel so awful when its us that give them the medicines in the first place. xx

Well today charlie is back to his normal bouncy self, i stayed up until 4am anyway i couldnt sleep, and expected to rush him to the vets at 8am once they opened.

Didnt need to thank the lord hes been running around the grass today and is doing well. :) xxxxxxxx

Oh no!
i suppose like every medicine for us or rabbits we can have reactions and they can make us poorly, i hope your bunny picks up soon, it can make you feel so awful when its us that give them the medicines in the first place. xx

Well today charlie is back to his normal bouncy self, i stayed up until 4am anyway i couldnt sleep, and expected to rush him to the vets at 8am once they opened.

Didnt need to thank the lord hes been running around the grass today and is doing well. :) xxxxxxxx

I am so happy your bunny is back to full health. My bunny scared me with this but she is kind of getting better. She has started to eat a little even though its just greens and a few rabbit chocolate drops. i have ulso had her licking my hand she is such an affectionate bunny i love her very much.

She is picking up she got put on another medicine again however it will help her eat more. xxxxxx

I am so happy your bunny is back to full health. My bunny scared me with this but she is kind of getting better. She has started to eat a little even though its just greens and a few rabbit chocolate drops. i have ulso had her licking my hand she is such an affectionate bunny i love her very much.

She is picking up she got put on another medicine again however it will help her eat more. xxxxxx

Awww bless her what a scare, im glad she is improving, ive been looking out for a postfrom you today as i was wondering how she was :) has the vet given her a gut stimulant? xxxxxx

Back