• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vets with bisc - bladder issues yet again u/d p49

Glad the septrin has brought such a change in Bisc. :) It sounds like it's the same thing as our trimethoprim sulfate (TMS for short) which is really good for bladder issues as it concentrates there better than other abx. Mimzy is actually allergic to it so can only take baytril for his infections. :(
Please give Bisc an extra snuggle from me. :love:

Glad the septrin has brought such a change in Bisc. :) It sounds like it's the same thing as our trimethoprim sulfate (TMS for short) which is really good for bladder issues as it concentrates there better than other abx. Mimzy is actually allergic to it so can only take baytril for his infections. :(
Please give Bisc an extra snuggle from me. :love:

i will. :love:

outside today, he jumped over the makeshift fence. he hasn't done that in such a long time. it's a pain :lol: but shows he's got the energy and is doing more biscy things again :thumb:

Thats great. Charlie has got ec and an incontinance Because of it. I know how horrible it is! Thankfully Charlie is already on the mend too.

just wanted to update this again, because i'm so pleased i had to share. bisc has been gaining weight since the septrin course. no bladder symptoms at all since, and in himself he is sooooo much better. he went to 2.190kg, and today he is 2.215kg. so he's slowly getting there now with his weight. i keep a food diary for him so i know this gain isn't from food. it's just him becoming more well. his minimum ideal weight is 2.25kg so we're not far off it now. :thumb:

Yes, definitely fingers crossed :D You must be relieved he's putting on the weight ..

soooooo relieved. i've been really worried about him. he had a few things going on all at once for a while so i wonder if all these things combined were upsetting him. or something so slight that no tests picked it up, but because he is so sensitive, it was enough to upset him. :(

fingers crossed he continues to do well now we have his health issues under better control. :thumb:

half weekly weigh this week and he's gone up to 2.245kg. just realised that in the last three weeks, he has gained 90g. :thumb:

Back