• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets on Monday!

I have my 2 boys booked in to be neutered on Monday, they have just turned 7 months old.

Buster the harlequin was always the one to show dominanace and until yesterday Lolly had never shown signs on mouting Buster. On my arrival home from work Buster had hair missing from the back of his neck and watching them confirmed that he now is mounting Buster!

To avoid them fighting I have seperated them but left them opposite each other so they can still see one another and will get them out together under supervision to ensure they do not loose contact.

When they come back from the Vets on Monday will they be ok to go straight back with each other or should I keep them apart for a while?

I have read threads similar to this but just am unsure what to do for the best as I have not had to deal with this before and want to get it right so I do not upset them too much. :shock:

Thank you so much for your help.

You could try putting them back together, my two boys were done 2 weeks ago they have never been seperated before or after but neother has ever shown dominance over the other and they have been apsolutly fine! They wnet to live with my spayed female and her boyfrind yesterday and they are doing really well!

Jo and Salv said:
Do they still try and mount each other or has this stopped since being neutered?

They've never tried! ever! it's very odd! but thats just how they are. I would def try keeping them together if you can but if not just have them together when supervised for a wee while XX

You are lucky!

I am going to go home tonight and bring them in together and watch what they do, they look sad being apart as they have been together since they were born and they always cuddle up to one another and clean each other so I think they do love each other really

XX

As long as they are not hurting each other and I mean being really agrresive I would put them back together ... once they have been neutered the humping will die down but it may take a while

Back