• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet replies to my questions U/D : They're saying both vaccs twice a year!?!?

Yep that's what I thought so emailed them to query what they'd put in their original email (thinking it may just be a typo) and that's what they sent back!!

I don't know, they've just signed it from the vet practice, no name on it!!!

I'm going to book in with Number 3 anyways and suss them out. Their email sounded better and also they've just opened a new state of the art practice 20 mins away (their normal practice is only about 8 mins away), all the same vets etc but if bunny needs any special treatment they will transfer them to their new place ..... and they have separate wards for small furries etc!! :love:

I was just a bit thrown to be told that VHD should be 6-monthly now!!

How can email back to enquire who wrote the email without sounding too rude?? I'd really like to know if this is fact now or just some random made up thing!

I don't know, they've just signed it from the vet practice, no name on it!!!

I'm going to book in with Number 3 anyways and suss them out. Their email sounded better and also they've just opened a new state of the art practice 20 mins away (their normal practice is only about 8 mins away), all the same vets etc but if bunny needs any special treatment they will transfer them to their new place ..... and they have separate wards for small furries etc!! :love:

I was just a bit thrown to be told that VHD should be 6-monthly now!!

How can email back to enquire who wrote the email without sounding too rude?? I'd really like to know if this is fact now or just some random made up thing!

You could just ask when the new advice came in, and where you can find out more...just say you have an interest in rabbit medicine, and would be really interested to read more about the new advice on this.

For years mine had VHD twice yearly,until a vet finally said Ididn't need to but I chose to carry on as I thought they were wrong.:)

One of my bunnies has had VHD jab today at a rabbit savvy vets and vet said nothing about it now needing to be done twice yearly so it sounds like a mistake :?

Edit to add: The vaccination card said next due May 2012 so definitely only expecting to do one a year.

Last edited:
Back