• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very angry

x_Jade_x

New Kit
When i went on my work experience in July i went to a pet shop, being staff i was allowed to go down stairs into the cellar, it was so dark, damp and it smelt, i went to the back and saw a rabbit there, i went back upstairs and asked and they couldn't sell her so she lives in the cellar, i thought it was awful apparantley she's already four and had had a litter. During my work i kepy sneaking downstairs to check up on her as sometimes, they forget to feed her and was lready sat in her own filth. She was really scared of humans and stamped her back feet really loud when i went to stroke her, so when my work experience was finished i asked if i could take her home, they finally said yes but they also said that she has 'the rins' an awful lot so your not allowed to give her any vegetables at all. So she had the runs, dry skin, bad eyes and was literally obese. So about two months later her dry skin went a way and is now a slim healthy, happy rabbit, she had the freedom to run around our garden. We tried her with some vegetables and now cant get enough of it, her runs have stopped. However when im holding her she is really gentle and timid but when i put her down its another story, she runs away from you, scratches you and has bit me loads of times, i dont understand because i think she would be use to us by now, she knows who i am like because she comes up to me when i talk to her but she's really angry still and i dont know why!

Some rabbits just never like being picked up. For all she is gentle and timid when you have hold of her it is likely that she is scared stiff and when she gets her feet back on the ground she see's it as her time to get you back!

I really wouldn't worry about it too much, only handle her when you really have too :)

It was great of you to rehome her and get her healthy. You should be really proud of yourself :)

Well done for rescueing her. Bless her though, no wonder she's wary. She may come round more in time or she's just who she is. Post a pic.:)

she will need more time hun, they never forget there ordeals, she may think shes going to get dumped again :( which we know you wont do but shes not sure well done for taking her though:D

Awwwwww well done you!!!!

I think we have all had buns who dont like being picked up at some point or another...thats no problem you just have to get down on the floor to her level :lol:

Well done for rescuing the poor little mite - you have done a fab thing. How unhappy she must have been :(.

so glad that you saved her,I suppose her time in the cellar has made her scared,nothing you are doing,I am so pleased she has a home

You have done such a lovely thing!!!!!!!! And don't worry she has just been put through so much grief but eventually (and I'm sure it will take loads of time) she will become more comfortable just make sure it's always quite quiet for her and you're always gentle with her (which I'm sure you are!). My dog was like this she was abandonned in a hedge (and surprise we named her Hedges!) and she was extremely timid and even aggressive towards us. But now she is fine- still hates stranger and growls a lot but she is comfortable it's jut her nature now but she isn't afraid anymore and now a very happy doggie. I'm sure your bun will be the same. And again it was such a nice thing of you to take the poor thing

Awwwwww well done you!!!!

I think we have all had buns who dont like being picked up at some point or another...thats no problem you just have to get down on the floor to her level :lol:

Yeah like Joey he has had a pretty sweet life before I took him and he hates being picked up lol

I agree weldone to you for rescuing this poor bunny! :D

My bunny had never had a bad ordeal but he HATED being picked up, when he was in my arms he was quite happy but i had to chase him all over the garden to catch him when he had to go away haha.

Some bunny's enjoy the chase i think :lol: he seemed to love making a fool out of me lol.

He used to bite but he stopped doing that but if you catch him when he wasn't reading he'd kick for england, the amount of times i got into the house bleeding from him! but he was a lovely bun! :D

He had a good heart, he was just a moody little ****** :)

Boris hates being picked up as well but he definately enjoys being chased :roll: The little monkey :lol:

aww your bun is beautiful! Magpie Harlequin! I want one! :) *ahem* anyway...

I'd keep trying to pick her up but if she doesn't get any better then just leave her be :)

Also what works for joey is if I scoop him up a little with my forearms and he kind of hops onto me- try that

you need to spend lots of time with her on the ground at her level and let her smell you and get used to you and only pet her when she comes to you. hopefully she'll come round, well done for rescueing you, the cheekier they are the more rewarding so when she is really sweet it'll make it all worth while, time and patients i think is all thats needed, good luck with her, i'm sure she is so happy and loves you. :wave:

Hi, well done you! I think I would have just taken her without asking! Some people are just awful to animals, I'm so glad you saved her. It sounds like you've done a great job with her!

Have you considered getting her spayed? Maybe this will help? It sounds to me thatb once shes in an open space sghe returns to her feral ways, which isn't surprising really. Bless her x

awwwwwwwwwww that's brill that she has a new home. I hope you reported the pet shop to the RSPCA. I made a call a few years ago about a particular pet shop and they did go and inspect and report back to me

Back