• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Velvet from BARC starts her Journey

she is lovely, but she is proper nasty, she's on par with Missy and Foxy! Although i will brave missy and foxy bararmed and wearing flip flops, no flipflops around Velvet!

Oh gawd :shock: What have I let myself in for :lol: Gardening gloves at the ready!

Velvet was soo pretty though the photgraph didn't really do her justice. :love:

So I've been told, my mum was raving on about her. She obviously hasn't tried to touch her yet so I'll get her. :D

Oh gawd :shock: What have I let myself in for :lol: Gardening gloves at the ready!

So I've been told, my mum was raving on about her. She obviously hasn't tried to touch her yet so I'll get her. :D

Nah you don't need gloves, just shoes with toes in them and maybe a long fleece! Once you've got her she's fine and if you approach her from above she's much easier to get hold of, approach from the front and you may loose a finger! She is very very pretty, your mum almost didn't get her LOL I was very tempted to pretend i wasn't in!

Your mum got a peek at all my buns as well :D

Nah you don't need gloves, just shoes with toes in them and maybe a long fleece! Once you've got her she's fine and if you approach her from above she's much easier to get hold of, approach from the front and you may loose a finger! She is very very pretty, your mum almost didn't get her LOL I was very tempted to pretend i wasn't in!

Your mum got a peek at all my buns as well :D

Oh yes, I heard! "She's got fourteen buns! FOURTEEN! She has a beautiful place and they live in a shed and are all gorgeous and I got to meet them" etc etc...You're in trouble now, she knows where you live! :lol: You're lucky you don't have pigs or she'd be camped on your doorstep :lol:

I'm sure she'll be alright, Vinnie was a right grumpy bun and relaxed enough to enjoy a snuggle on the floor as long as it was on her terms and I didn't surprise her. We'll get there eventually :D

I think with time and lots of attention Velvet will be fine, I would wear wellies if she is free ranging :lol::lol::lol: as when I had her free ranging in the garden she would launch at me if I tried to get her.
She is gorgeous and I am missing her:D

thank you for giving velvet a home :wave:

i hope you wont be disappointed :?...you cant say i wasnt honest though ! i did warn you :lol:

she did take a while to settle with us so all the change has probably upset her again ...give her time and youl see her for the lovely bun she is .. the day before she went to kays on the first part of her journey she climbed into my arms for a cuddle :love:

Dad sent me this photo

Velvet.jpg

Apparently she's not gone for anyone yet! Just enjoying her food, she's been doing mad sprints this morning too :D

thank you for giving velvet a home :wave:

i hope you wont be disappointed :?...you cant say i wasnt honest though ! i did warn you :lol:

she did take a while to settle with us so all the change has probably upset her again ...give her time and youl see her for the lovely bun she is .. the day before she went to kays on the first part of her journey she climbed into my arms for a cuddle :love:

I am looking forward to her, there's no way I'm going to be disappointed. I'm sure she'll calm down, just needs a bit of time. Once she's here she can settle down and realise us hoomins ain't that bad!

I don't own wellies :shock: And I wander about in my bare feet :lol:

I've already bought corner guards for the doors and skirting. :lol: Am also looking at child locks for kitchen cupboard doors. I was thinking about that chew stoppa (sp?) spray but need to do some more research on it first.

ETA - I've also been told how incredibly clever she is...wee madam :lol::D

I've already bought corner guards for the doors and skirting. :lol: Am also looking at child locks for kitchen cupboard doors. I was thinking about that chew stoppa (sp?) spray but need to do some more research on it first.

ETA - I've also been told how incredibly clever she is...wee madam :lol::D

she is one of the most inteligent buns ive EVER had the pleasure to meet :shock:...i said this within a week of her arriving here ..

i had her pet carrier trained in three days to save stressing herpicking her up . she moves her dish towards you when she wants food .. and gives you "the look" if shes feeling grumpy and wants leaving alone ;)

she is one of the most inteligent buns ive EVER had the pleasure to meet :shock:...i said this within a week of her arriving here ..

i had her pet carrier trained in three days to save stressing herpicking her up . she moves her dish towards you when she wants food .. and gives you "the look" if shes feeling grumpy and wants leaving alone ;)

I remember you saying before but forgot about it until my dad mentioned it - I keep ringing for daily updates :oops: My mum was also very impressed that she jumps in her carrier to go outside. :D

Not really relevant but did you get my paperwork?

:wave:
I remember you saying before but forgot about it until my dad mentioned it - I keep ringing for daily updates :oops: My mum was also very impressed that she jumps in her carrier to go outside. :D

Not really relevant but did you get my paperwork?

yes ...got everything .. including reference :wave:

meant to let you know ...sorry :oops:

Another update - she has chewed through a willow ball and chew sticks today and is now working on a baby rattle :roll::lol:

Back