• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccinations - first one done

It's nearly £90 but much better than nearly £150. It won't take me over my overdraft limit whereas the £150 would have done.

I will ask about the Healthy Rabbit Club tomorrow in relation to the VHD2. It isn't mentioned in their website at all. I am seriously considering joining so I never get in the horrid position of not being able to afford to vaccinate my buns. I did feel guilty and bad about it and will be extremely relieved when I get to the top of the VHD2 waiting list and get them covered for that too. The list didn't look that long so maybe they are waiting for 20 bunnies to be on it before they order the vaccine. My three should help boost the numbers a bit:) I will ask about discount for three although I never got any for my eleven (although that was at a different vet surgery).

It says unlimited nail cutting too which would be a bonus as I can't do them on my own and have to wait until a friend visits and if they aren't 'bunny' people they sometimes struggle to hold the buns properly while I cut the nails.

Yeah £90 is bad enough for three rabbits ... I have never been offered any discount for 3 + rabbits, but it would be good if you did :D

I like the sound of unlimited nail cutting :D

Well, the three have had their combi vaccine. It wasn't put partly under the skin and partly in the ear which I did question but apparently it is now put under the skin because it is a combi one. I hope that's right. The vet seemed to know her bunnies and was very thorough in checking them over. They are all in good condition. Violet had a dirty bottom so she was shaved to help her to groom herself easier. It's usually Fran who has the messy fur if anybun does but, apart from mud on her paws, Fran was nice and clean.

The vet did all their nails too:):)

My buns were really good and she commented on how easy they were to work with. Zippy's heart was racing but he was clearly terrified so the vet wasn't concerned. I was very proud of them :love: The next vaccine should be available mid to end October.

My on/off partner came with me and helped and it was actually him who asked about the nails and if the vet could show him how to do it. She said some of their nails are black and incredibly difficult to cut due to her not being able to see the quick.

I'm pleased they are all healthy. I've not noticed anything untoward but it's a relief for a professional to confirm that they are all OK.

Well, the three have had their combi vaccine. It wasn't put partly under the skin and partly in the ear which I did question but apparently it is now put under the skin because it is a combi one. I hope that's right. The vet seemed to know her bunnies and was very thorough in checking them over. They are all in good condition. Violet had a dirty bottom so she was shaved to help her to groom herself easier. It's usually Fran who has the messy fur if anybun does but, apart from mud on her paws, Fran was nice and clean.

My buns were really good and she commented on how easy they were to work with. Zippy's heart was racing but he was clearly terrified so the vet wasn't concerned. I was very proud of them :love: The next vaccine should be available mid to end October.

My on/off partner came with me and helped and it was actually him who asked about the nails and if the vet could show him how to do it. She said some of their nails are black and incredibly difficult to cut due to her not being able to see the quick.

I'm pleased they are all healthy. I've not noticed anything untoward but it's a relief for a professional to confirm that they are all OK.

It's a weight off your mind (if also your bank balance too) - so a good thing. Yes, all goes into the scruff with this vaccination :wave:

When cutting black nails (which can be very difficult) I shine a little torch the other side to show up the quick :thumb:

Glad to hear that the Vet trip went well and that their combi vacs have been done xx

It's a relief. I was surprised Violet had a messy bottom as I have never had that problem with her before. Fran sometimes needs a bottom bath but only very occasionally. I was glad the vet shaved Violet's fur as it will be easier for her to groom and for me to keep an eye on it and bottom bath if I need to. Fly strike terrifies me, especially as I am out of the house for 8 hours at a time with work.

They have dandelion leaves and some M and S Organic Carrots (reduced) as a reward for being such good and brave bunnies :love:

It's a relief. I was surprised Violet had a messy bottom as I have never had that problem with her before. Fran sometimes needs a bottom bath but only very occasionally. I was glad the vet shaved Violet's fur as it will be easier for her to groom and for me to keep an eye on it and bottom bath if I need to. Fly strike terrifies me, especially as I am out of the house for 8 hours at a time with work.

They have dandelion leaves and some M and S Organic Carrots (reduced) as a reward for being such good and brave bunnies :love:

It's lovely when the buns don't fight you and are on your side :thumb:

Well done you Rhianna :wave: I am hoping the risk of flystrike for bunnies will lessen with the colder weather :D

Back