• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Ursula, small spayed female, 9 mths old, Worksop, Nottinghamshire

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on behalf of anaqi

I am looking to rehome my rabbit, Ursula. I got her as a partner for my rabbit, Edward, but unfortunately they weren't compatible.

Physical Description: Small/medium Dutch, white and black fleck, brown eyes.

Temperament: Shy and timid most of the time but when she's feeling brave she can be quite inquisitive and playful. She was kept in a pet shop for 5 months so is cautious with people and scared of noises. We have worked on gaining her trust and she will now take food from my hand.

Sex: Female

Neuter Status: Spayed on 22/1/2016

Vaccination Status: Vaccinated on 12/1/2016

Health: No known problems.

Type of home wanted: Ursula is currently an indoor rabbit but she likes playing on the grass so it may be possible to have her as an outdoor rabbit in the spring. Ideally she needs an experienced owner who has the time to get to know her and bring her out of her shell.

Reason for rehoming: Failed bond.

She is beautiful. I'm so sorry that the bond didn't work out and I hope she finds a forever home very soon.

She is gorgeous :love: I'm sorry it didn't work out, hope she finds a forever home soon

Oh my she's just lovely. I really want her, sounds like she'd make a perfect partner for my male, single, 10 month old dutch house bun!! And I live in Nottinghamshire! There's a big BUT tho. My spare hutch is outdoors and I go on holiday in 6 weeks time for a fortnight which doesn't leave me enough time for bonding and she can't go outside yet. Sigh. But if my circumstances change I'll let you know. Or if she still is available in 8 weeks! But I hope someone gives her a home before then :)

Must be mixed emotions for you I'm sure. :( I'm pleased to hear that Ursula has a new home and will update the title for you.

Thanks KarenM. I do have mixed emotions. I've never had to rehome a pet before and it didn't help matters when I was mocked and heavily criticised on another online forum. I was accused of doing everything wrong, not trying hard enough to bond her and apparently not caring because I'd decided to rehome her. It wasn't exactly helpful and they really upset me but I know I've done the right thing. Ursula's new owner has already sent me pictures of her settling in and I know she'll be loved and well cared for in her new home.

So glad that Ursula has found a new home.

You have definitely done the right thing for Ursula, although a very hard decision for you I am sure. Some bunnies just won't accept each other, no matter how long or hard you try to make it happen.

Take no notice of the nasty comments you have received elsewhere, some people dish out criticism thinking they know it all, when actually they know very little.

Back