• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT...Coco is poorly

Hiya,
Sorry for the late reply.
Just to let you know, Coco saw our regular vet yesterday morning. Strangely enough, she wasn't sounding snuffley at all in the morning, and infact appeared to be in perfect health. I popped her along to the vets in the morning anyway to get her checked over again.

He listened to her chest, and said all seemed well. She didn't sound snuffley at all.

Very puzzling. :?

However, he proceeded to give her a good looking over, and this included the teeth. Front teeth...all seemed good :D

However, he noticed as he proceeded to examine the back of her mouth, she started to wheeze, and wince as if in pain....similar to the behaviour she displayed the other night!
Something towards the back of her mouth seemed to be upsetting her.

We admitted her in for the day, to be seen under anasethic.
Results came through just after dinner.
The vet found one of her back tooth quite sharp, and this had infected the top of the mouth at the back. So when she tried to eat, it caused her quite a lot of pain.

He burred down the tooth, and she's been given pain relief and antibiotics to clear up any infection.

The vet has given a very good prognosis for her, and said she's been a smashing bun in letting us know of her problem so early on!
He said it's very rare for this problem to be noticed, caught and treated so early on...without it causing an absess first.

I am over the moon! I lost Zeubin to a badly infected tooth, which wasn't caught so early on...and therefore lead to an infected jaw, and absess.
I'm so so sooooo proud of my Coco for telling me straight away that something hurt, before it got bad.

The vet laughed saying I've got a bun who is a softy and can't tolerate any discomfort :lol: I'm glad I have a bun like that! :D :D :D

I've just brought her home now, and she seems so much more happier!! The vet says she should be right as rain within 2 weeks. He wants me to bring her for checkups on the teeth once a month to keep up with it, but he doesn't think it'll pose much of a prob now we know about it :D

What a massive relief Veronica, poor you, it must have been terribly worrying. glad to hear she is doing well :D
Nicola x

I've only just caught this thread, I'm glad Coco is better now. Travis sneezes (the only way I can describe it) when his teeth get too long - he has to have regular burring of his molars. Again, it's almost as if he looks like he's partially choking too which is awful. I'v never spoken to anyone else yet who's had a similar experience, so now I know Travis isn't just wired up strange!!! Sending nose rubs to coco, and hope he's feeling much better now! :D

Back