• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

(upsetting images) - Donations Required - UPDATE ON NEEDS P270

Do they rehome nationally? I am miles away in Somerset but maybe in the future may be able to offer one of these unlucky creatures a home. This story has really shocked me and made me want to get word out. Should print it out and put it all over all pet shops selling bunnies.

Have spoken to them and asked the question. The answer is that they have previously and would rehome nationally however it depends on who they know locally who could homecheck.

Originally Posted by The Duchess
I for one will be writing to my MP today.
Sorry to ask a possible silly question but how do you go about doing this, is it something I or others could do too?

Maybe The Duchess can copy & paste her letter once written and then we can all send it to our local mps (but change the address etc etc)

Originally Posted by The Duchess
I for one will be writing to my MP today.
Sorry to ask a possible silly question but how do you go about doing this, is it something I or others could do too?

Maybe The Duchess can copy & paste her letter once written and then we can all send it to our local mps (but change the address etc etc)

Happy to do that.

My MP is Michael Gove - Education Minister so will be writing as a constituent but also with regard to rabbit welfare in general and the need for education about pets in schools.

Have spoken to them and asked the question. The answer is that they have previously and would rehome nationally however it depends on who they know locally who could homecheck.

Okay fantastic I will keep them in mind in the upcoming months during my rabbit accomodation overhaul. Would love to help one of them find a new home after the hell they've been through.

Pact have just got back to me and they are not currently looking to move any of these bunnies to other rescues, so we do not currently need rescue space. Because of the risk of spreading disease, they prefer to keep the bunnies with them.

They will, however, be looking for permanent homes for these bunnies in the future.

They have asked for donations, spare hutches, water bottles etc.

Who makes water bottles as we should see if we can get a box donated

Last edited:
Makes me ashamed to be a part of the human race :cry:

Will be donating to try and do my little bit to help this horrific situation.

I have sent an email to a few sites which show genuine interest in rabbits to spread the word of this horrific situation, in the hope that they will donate, or at the least, pass it on to others.:(

:cry::cry::cry:

How awful. Shall go to the website now. But you feel so useless. Those pictures of the ones on the bonfire..... :cry::cry:

download.jpg

download_002.jpg

download_003.jpg

download_004.jpg

download_005.jpg

download_006.jpg

download_007.jpg

download_008.jpg

im sat here with tears in my eyes that is truely shocking :cry:
those poor babies

I have made a donation.

I am also going to email the National RSPCA to ask why nothing has been done. If they were aware of it why weren't regualr spot checks done?

I will donate as soon as I can :(. Or is there an address I could forward things like toys and treats etc?

Now that the bunnies are out of that dreadful shed is the shed to be pulled down and burned to deter the previous owner from doing the same thing again?

Not surprised to see that the RSPCA have failed to help :roll: Clearly helping animals in need is no longer within their remit.

Helen xx

I'm sending a donation and I've spoken to PAH who have advised me they are going to help.

I will donate as soon as I can :(. Or is there an address I could forward things like toys and treats etc?

Now that the bunnies are out of that dreadful shed is the shed to be pulled down and burned to deter the previous owner from doing the same thing again?

Not surprised to see that the RSPCA have failed to help :roll: Clearly helping animals in need is no longer within their remit.

Helen xx

Link to their details here.

http://www.pactsanctuary.org/donations/donation-to-feed-horsford-rabbits.html

Good news. I know that PACT works closely with their local PandH so I am pleased to hear that they will be getting involved.

Yes the lady I spoke to was lovely and she emailed the 'Supported Options for Funding dept' while we were talking, they are aware of it and will be helping I have been told.

Back