• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Uploaded new video

ANNASBUNNIES

Warren Scout
I went to check on my rabbits, feed them and change their litter trays. My female snowball was sleeping when she got up she stretched and her back legs went to the ground and it took her a while to bring them back up. I hope that makes sense. I was just wondered if anyone had any ideas. She is 5 years old, spayed. Her booster is due next week. Thanks Anna xx

Last edited:
She is now on Loxicom. She has improved slightly so he thinks it might be muscle damage. So pain relief and anti inflammatory is the first thing to try. Going back Thursday but if she gets worst bring her back sooner.

Snowball seems the same maybe a little bit worse. I am going to get an XRay done just so I know she hasn't broken anything. But the vet said it might not show anything if it's tissue damage and not a break. What would you do?

Has the vet ruled out e.c? Hind leg weakness can be caised by the e.c parasite. I'd be tempted to treat with panacur just in case.

He hasn't mention it but I had thought of it so I'm going to mention it tomorrow. Also she is washing her legs a lot which I believe has do with her being in pain.

Last edited:
I had appointment with my normal vet and she has now put her course of Panacur for 28 days. I went out to give her pain meds and Panacur and notice a red bald patch where she looks like she has pulled out her fur. I will try and upload a photo. Xx

Well she now has been treated for mites and has some cream for her wound which is looking much better now.

Last edited:
Download-File

Snowball new litter tray

Last edited:
Back