• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upgrade Bugs - Report Issues Here

At least the ones with bmp which were older scans of printed photos. I will try attaching as file.
.bmp images are uncompressed (so great when you are trying to save all the detail for things you might print) but they aren't usually used for images online. The common formats e.g. .jpg/.jpeg, .gif and .png should work. If you open them in an image program you should be able to 'save as' and save them as .jpg and then it will upload them.

I just got this on the homepage

Resource Limit Is Reached​

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit.Please try again later.
If it comes up again let me know, I tweaked a setting but it's hard tell if it's fixed as it's intermitent :)

.bmp images are uncompressed (so great when you are trying to save all the detail for things you might print) but they aren't usually used for images online. The common formats e.g. .jpg/.jpeg, .gif and .png should work. If you open them in an image program you should be able to 'save as' and save them as .jpg and then it will upload them.
That makes sense. I was thinking it was because of the file size until Iread this.

Just checking my settings and it's set up to send me an email when I get a conversation message... not getting any emails though!

I just found another way you can find all your own or another members posts, not just started posts, by clicking their profile picture then clicking on the number of messages.

Is there quick way to go to the first new post on a thread that you have read previously? We used to be able to click a symbol to the left of the thread title.

Also, I have just been reading a thread that had new replies but I didn't realise for a while that it was a few months old. I am guessing thread started date was visible previously too.

Thank you.

Is there quick way to go to the first new post on a thread that you have read previously? We used to be able to click a symbol to the left of the thread title.
That should happen automatically when you click on the thread title, is it not working for you? (I don't think it's working properly for threads made before the switch, because it works on some kind of cookie - there's "jump to new" at the top of a thread but that shows me posts from the last couple of weeks on some posts so I don't know what's classed as new.)

If you haven't opened the thread before, or if you've viewed it all, then clicking the title takes you to the OP.

If you've viewed it before and there are unread posts, clicking the title takes you to first unread.

If you want to go straight to the last post, click the date under the title.

It's bugging me a lot, even if it isn't a system bug - but the 'Similar Posts' bit under any post that you open seems to have little to do with that post, often brings up really old posts that I don't want to go back to for various reasons, and it takes up a lot of screen space. I'm finding it really annoying and can do without it as a feature. Anyone else finding the same?

It's bugging me a lot, even if it isn't a system bug - but the 'Similar Posts' bit under any post that you open seems to have little to do with that post, often brings up really old posts that I don't want to go back to for various reasons, and it takes up a lot of screen space. I'm finding it really annoying and can do without it as a feature. Anyone else finding the same?
I agree.

Yea I keep seeing all the threads about Atticus on his rainbow bridge post, isn't great, I'm not sure I like that feature

I'd already flagged it up for Tamsin & she'd thought she turned off everywhere but the care sections. I noticed myself that it was still showing in all forums though, so I've let Tam know she needs to twiddle some more.

I thought I turned it off, but that seems to have just been the suggestion when you compose a new thread. I think it's useful for the care section? But it doesn't look like I can turn it off/on for specific sections. I've limited it to only suggest posts from the care sections, which is hopefully a slight improvement. I've asked the software providers if there is a setting I'm missing to see if we can limit it more. I've also changed it to show a maximum of 3 entires so it's not so big.

Back