• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Updated bunny room pics...

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Cos I always end up moving things :oops:

Nutmeg and Smudge:

Carpet offcut for a tenner, got enough for two sections so once that's dirty and needs changing I have another section the right size waiting. Wooden box is meant to be a tunnel but they tend to hide in there and we never see them so I've put it on it's side instead. They often sleep in there and jump on top as well. There is also a wooden bridge behind it as someone likes to dig the carpet there (Smudge) and someone else likes to try to get down the side of the bookcase (Nutmeg)! For those who remember the ottoman we had to remove it as someone (probably Smudge) started to chew the rubber round the windows, not good for him or the windows!

IMG_3721.jpg

Under the desk - dog bed which they hardly every use! Carrier which Smudge escapes to if something spooks him (and which Nutmeg pees in :roll:). Wires behind trunking, or tucked into a wire holder under the desk and then protected by mesh grids. Red tub which you can just about see on the left holds the hay and sits on top of a horizontal mesh grid which makes a (rickety) shelf. The other grids protect the woodwork and door.

IMG_3711.jpg

Underbed storage box for litter tray, Ikea bag holder for hay rack (a la The Duchess!), black and white striped boxes hold treat hay and dried foraged foods.

IMG_3722.jpg

Food and cleaning stuff alcove.

IMG_3718.jpg

Mini and Mischa:

Wooden bridges to protect the door and the corner of the wall. Fleece under the chair as one cosy area, chair also comes in handy for Mischa to jump on my head in the morning. Tunnel under the bed also lined with a fleece. Plastic boxes normally full of dried foraged foods but currently empty, there are more round the other side with treat hay or meds or brushes in.

IMG_3724.jpg

Mischa's ramp for getting down off my bed. Underbed box for litter tray and Ikea bag holder for hay rack.

IMG_3725.jpg

The other end of the tunnel and fleece. Another fleece (£2.99 from Dunelm, bargain!) for down the side of the bed. Another dog bed which never gets used!

IMG_3726.jpg

The other end of the long fleece. Carrier for hiding in which doubles as a digging box with newspaper (this was accidental, I left it like that after a vet trip and they like it so it's stayed). More wires behind trunking and grids. White tub holds the meadow hay.

IMG_3730.jpg

Food and cleaning supplies in the wardrobe.

IMG_3732.jpg

Thanks so much for putting these pictures up! I especially love love love love the Ikea bag/hay rack idea! Am going to get one for myself!!

How did you attach it to the wall?

Kate

Thanks so much for putting these pictures up! I especially love love love love the Ikea bag/hay rack idea! Am going to get one for myself!!

How did you attach it to the wall?

Kate

My dad did it :oops: think he used screws. He's done it so i can take it off to empty and fill it. :thumb:

Glad theyve helped people. :D

My dad did it :oops: think he used screws. He's done it so i can take it off to empty and fill it. :thumb:

Glad theyve helped people. :D

Oh no shame, my Dad is an engineer so loves coming up with handy ways to make my life easier, so I shall set him the challenge!

They have really helped me! I have taken your advice and got the storage box thing for the litter tray and then got bits of carpet around it so make them feel more comfortable.

Now just need to get some hideaways!

That looks great! :D And so clean! :shock:

Isn't like that at the moment :oops: :lol:

They are pretty good but when they jump out of the trays stuff comes out too so I try to keep the area round the trays just lino so easy to sweep. When we have bales that are very soft the hay gets stuck to Smudge and gets dragged around but he can't help it bless 'im.

Back