• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATED:Bathing a rabbit- back from vets

Also if you bath a rabbit you need to keep it in overnight- or shave it, so if bunny is outdoors, the mother would be too cold- best not to bath her at all. It's not a good time to interfere with a mother who has just had kits, best thing you can do is take to the vets- as quick as possible, then get her back with the kits asap.

The bunny does need to see a vet :/

Pumpkin had an accidental litter of 5 bunnies and her bottom looked nothing like that at all...
She had yellowy paws at times but never a bottom like that :/

Doesn't matter really if your mum will flip... She should have known that you having a bun would mean vet trips etc...

should I take the baby with me this time obv keep it 100% seperate from tilda, but to show the vet the size of it, its 12 days old now x

should I take the baby with me this time obv keep it 100% seperate from tilda, but to show the vet the size of it, its 12 days old now x

Personally, I'd leave it at home. My vets were adament that Pumpkin's kits should stay at home and we were not to move them.

Some people may say different though...

Back from the vets, nothing major wrong, just abit of incontinance due to having a big baby and possible urine infection

shes had anti inflamitary and antibiotics injection

got marbocyl injections to give 0.5ml for 4 days and the incontance should just clear up on its own, I have to clean her twice a ay just water x

Back from the vets, nothing major wrong, just abit of incontinance due to having a big baby and possible urine infection

shes had anti inflamitary and antibiotics injection

got marbocyl injections to give 0.5ml for 4 days and the incontance should just clear up on its own, I have to clean her twice a ay just water x

Great glad you have got an expert opinion. There is only so far the opinions of RU can go. Although everyone is pretty experienced, it's always good to see a vet in the slightest thing that is untowards with a bunny as they go down hill so so fast.

Did you put mum straight back in with baby- i'd only take her away when you bathe her now, not at any other point as she needs to be with her kits. Glad she is on the appropriate meds xxxxx

Great glad you have got an expert opinion. There is only so far the opinions of RU can go. Although everyone is pretty experienced, it's always good to see a vet in the slightest thing that is untowards with a bunny as they go down hill so so fast.

Did you put mum straight back in with baby- i'd only take her away when you bathe her now, not at any other point as she needs to be with her kits. Glad she is on the appropriate meds xxxxx

I'm not sure where to locate the thread but there is one here somewhere all about the one kit, Mum only had one bub, he/she is ginourmous! So probably why there was alot of trauma during birth. It's 12 days old now :)

Hope you find the thread!

matilda dosen't bother with the baby much anyway only to feed it, shes sat just outside her cage, will get a pic, shes pretty stressed out x

218065_2012432309086_1192116864_2460581_1736874_n.jpg

x

Well done :) I hope the meds help her. She's doing an awesome job being a mum.

if the size of the baby is anything to go by i'd say ses doing an amazing job its massivee lol! it opend its eyes today for the first time, but dosn't like the light so coverd them with it little paws!

Back