• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update Rabbit Rehome

I didn't realise you run that website too Tasmin. :) You do a great job. :thumb: This may already happen but if not then I think it would be a great idea to have 2 groups, new rescue arrivals and long term bunnies. So if someone is looking to rehome a rabbit that has been in a rescue for many months or years, they can find them easily just by selecting a button? :) Also maybe have a rescue bunny of the week and include them at the top of this forum. :D
ooh that's a good idea. Not just because someone might want a long stay bunny but also because sometimes you'll know all the buns available off by heart and just want to see new arrivals.

New arrivals is a great idea. There is a page (a bit hidden) for rabbits that have been listed awhile: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/longstay.asp (they are marked with red text in the results too) but no way to see newbies. I hadn't thought of that but if you are waiting for the right bun then being able to see who's been added recently would be really handy.

I'm planning on adding the search form to he side of the results so you can edit what you search for easier so they could be added into the options there.

Re sizes... well small would be littler than medium and a lot littler than large lol I can see it can be confusing though as different rescue categorize differently. Maybe if small/medium/large was defined better that would help. I'll have a think :D

New arrivals is a great idea. There is a page (a bit hidden) for rabbits that have been listed awhile: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/longstay.asp (they are marked with red text in the results too) but no way to see newbies. I hadn't thought of that but if you are waiting for the right bun then being able to see who's been added recently would be really handy.

I'm planning on adding the search form to he side of the results so you can edit what you search for easier so they could be added into the options there.

Re sizes... well small would be littler than medium and a lot littler than large lol I can see it can be confusing though as different rescue categorize differently. Maybe if small/medium/large was defined better that would help. I'll have a think :D

Maybe use weights to determine the sizes?
One thing that REALLY bugged me when I was looking was the amount of people who list an english marked dwarf/mini/french lop as an English Lop...which is the breed I was looking for. But I guess that isn't really anything to do with you...more the people advertising their buns, I just got really excited every time :oops:

I think if the rescues could give you a basic idea of their rehoming requirements that would be really helpful as every rescue is different.

Yey, I'm glad you like my idea. :D I noticed that the long term rabbits were highligted in red, but I wasn't sure if they had their own section. :)

Great ideas everyone! :thumb:

Back