• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update #200. ***URGENT*** Rabbit fight. Lots of blood. Photos.

How wful, I was sure he'd be fine once he got to the vets. Will be thinking of you and your little man all day, keep us updated.

Sending lots and lots of vibes from me and my posse xxx

I really hope Leo can pull through this, he is a very brave bunny. We have all fingers and paws crossed for him.

Thinking of you.

oh no - Im so sorry - I hope he can pull through.

Dont blame yourself - you did everythig you could, I would have been a complete state if I saw all that blood :shock: but well done for dealing with it!
How long were they bonded???

Lots and lots of Vibes for you and your little boy xxxx

I've just seen this thread. What a scary thing to have happened. I really hope the vet has been able to reconstruct enough for him to be able to widdle. Sending loads of *vibes* for your little Leo. x

I just phoned again. He's apparently doing fine but they need to keep him in overnight to check he's weeing and what not. I'm in such a flap I didn't even bother to see whether or not he's passed any urine yet or not. I can't phone back straight away though :?

Do vets let you go and visit your animals if they're in over night? I'd quite like to and see him.

oh no - Im so sorry - I hope he can pull through.

Dont blame yourself - you did everythig you could, I would have been a complete state if I saw all that blood :shock: but well done for dealing with it!
How long were they bonded???

Lots and lots of Vibes for you and your little boy xxxx

2months roughly. Maybe a tiny bit less. Louise has kindly offered to attempt to rebond if Leo makes it. Fingers crossed.

I just phoned again. He's apparently doing fine but they need to keep him in overnight to check he's weeing and what not. I'm in such a flap I didn't even bother to see whether or not he's passed any urine yet or not. I can't phone back straight away though :?

Do vets let you go and visit your animals if they're in over night? I'd quite like to and see him.

2months roughly. Maybe a tiny bit less. Louise has kindly offered to attempt to rebond if Leo makes it. Fingers crossed.

Glad he's doing OK. I wouldn't rebond after a serious fight personally.

I would never bond two bunnies back after the horrific injuries that happened to your little man :(

As a rescue, if someone approached me and asked if I could bond their two buns back under these circumstances, I would refuse.

Okay I guess it's a no go then. You guys definatly have a lot more experience in bonding then myself!

I'd say this is a bit different due to the fact that not all buns were neutered to begin with. Obviously a rebond would also depend on the nature of the buns involved too.

I'd say this is a bit different due to the fact that not all buns were neutered to begin with. Obviously a rebond would also depend on the nature of the buns involved too.

Well Leo is ... was ... so laid back and Archie seemed to be too? Right up until the moment it happened they were cuddeling :?

I am not sure this was a fight, more a case of wrong ended hormonal mounting, that said, I'm not sure I would rebond either, and if I did, I would wait until both were neutered, and both had lost their hormones and wait a looooooooooooong time.

For now though its probably more a case of just focusing on the now and Leo. I hope he keeps improving. And yes often vets do let you visit your animals if they stay in for a while.

Well Leo is ... was ... so laid back and Archie seemed to be too? Right up until the moment it happened they were cuddeling :?

Yes, so once both are neutered who knows. Hormones are dangerous things :)

As Sky-O said, a head hump gone badly wrong from the sounds of it.

Whatever happens I wish you and him all the best.

Back