• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Unwell Rabbit

So so sorry she didn't pull through. At least she passed away in a familiar place with people she loved.

I know what you are all going through, this sounds like how we lost our Fluffy.

Thank you all for your kind words, I only found this forum once Daisy was unwell, I wish I had found it sooner.

Posting on here and hearing your kind words is really helping a lot a the moment.There are alot of people who just don't understand what it is like to loose a pet:

I got Daisy a month or so before going out with my boyfriend and now 5 years and eight months later of having Daisy in our lives including moving into our flat with us it has been really hard for us both, and my parents have been in tears.

I would really like like to praise the company who will be cremating Daisy (I don't think I can name them on here?!). They have been great, the guy who runs it even opened up his offices in order for me to take Daisy there yesterday when they are normally colsed and the service recieved was amazing.

They laid Daisy in the chapel of rest and we went in and said our last very teary good byes (me, bf, mum and dad) and we signed thier book of remembrance.

Its going to take a while but all the happy memories are all flooding back to me!

Ah, bless you hun. I had a tear in my eye reading your post. So sorry for your loss - I do understand exactly what you're going through.

Thank you all for your kind words, I only found this forum once Daisy was unwell, I wish I had found it sooner.

Posting on here and hearing your kind words is really helping a lot a the moment.There are alot of people who just don't understand what it is like to loose a pet:

I got Daisy a month or so before going out with my boyfriend and now 5 years and eight months later of having Daisy in our lives including moving into our flat with us it has been really hard for us both, and my parents have been in tears.

I would really like like to praise the company who will be cremating Daisy (I don't think I can name them on here?!). They have been great, the guy who runs it even opened up his offices in order for me to take Daisy there yesterday when they are normally colsed and the service recieved was amazing.

They laid Daisy in the chapel of rest and we went in and said our last very teary good byes (me, bf, mum and dad) and we signed thier book of remembrance.

Its going to take a while but all the happy memories are all flooding back to me!

That is so lovely, I didnt know companies like this existed for pets. I wish I had known about them when Minstrel died. I am so sorry to hear about Daisy, it hurts so much when they go to the bridge, but at least she is not in pain or suffering anymore. We are here for you if you need us xxxx

Hi Alison,

Neither did I until I googled animal cremations in my area and this particular place came up. It really helped to go through that process, I think thier should be more places like this as it would help a lot of people.

Thank you for your kind words alison, I will still visit this forum to keep updated on other people, especially for those who need vibes and hugs sent to help with unwell bunnies as everybodies thoughts helped me xxx

I am sat at my work desk weeping for you. A lot of people don't realise how wonderful bunnies are, and what little personalities they have. It is like losing a friend or family member.

Daisy sounds like a lovely little bunny, and I am sure you will remember her always.

Thinking of you and your family.

:love:

Thank you Biscuit's Mum for your really kind words.

I'm having good and bad days at the moment. I have got Daisy's ashes now, they are sitting in my living room where her cage used to be with some flowers next to them. You will probably think I am mad, but I am talking to her as if she is still with us, I suppose it my way of coming to terms with what has happened.

Back