• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

UD: Emily has had MAJOR surgery U/D: Emily is coming home today!!!

wow shes really a strong fighter with an amazing will to survive:love:

the fact shes pooed and weed and ate a little and had such a fuss and flop.....fingers crossed so hard for her to come home xx

merlin likes to chew through drips too when hes admitted.....little devil..no wonder they have to use sub cut fluids with him!:shock: little rascals these sweet little devils!!:love:

emily youve gotta get better and better....who else is going to demand nose rubs otherwise in your house:love:

I rang the vets at 7am to be told that Emily was pooping, weeing, eating and quite bright. :)

The phone rang again at 7:15am I was panicked!! The vet nurse rang to tell me that Emily had been playing with her ball. :)

I went to see Emily at 11:30am (thanks Alice!) and she was very perky. She had a little hop around the medical room she is caged in, ate some food from my hand and led in my lap. She lay flat for nose rubs, played with her ball for a bit and climbed up me for kisses on her nose. She also enjoyed chewing holes in my clothes!

I didn't speak to a vet because he had an emergency come in. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she can come home tomorrow. (The indoor cage is nearly ready).

Hello!

I just rang the vets to check Emily has been ok this afternoon/evening. She is still perky, eating, drinking, pooping and weeing.

I will ring early in the morning to check she is ok again but so long as tonight goes well the vet will ring me before 11am to let me know when I can pick her up!!!! They said it will probably be sometime between 11:30 and 2pm. :love:

I cannot wait. Please send lots of positive bunny vibes for Emily.

Hello!

I just rang the vets to check Emily has been ok this afternoon/evening. She is still perky, eating, drinking, pooping and weeing.

I will ring early in the morning to check she is ok again but so long as tonight goes well the vet will ring me before 11am to let me know when I can pick her up!!!! They said it will probably be sometime between 11:30 and 2pm. :love:

I cannot wait. Please send lots of positive bunny vibes for Emily.

That is great news :D

Morning!

I feel so sick this morning - I think it is nerves!

I telephoned to check Emily was ok during the night - she was.

I am now waiting for the vet to phone and tell me if I CAN pick her up today. I am dreading the bill :( but I don't mind paying so long as Emily is happy and well. :)

Hello!

Emily has been eating and pooping lots since being home. However, she has taken a liking to sweet things - banana, parsnip, carrot. :oops: I am not too worried because the vet said get her to eat anything while she is recovering and when she is better we can start being strict about what she eats again.

We have moved her cage into our bedroom so that she is next to us during the night. :)

She is not sure of the cage - she keeps rubbing her nose against the dog and cats when they visit her. Poor girl can't wait to have free-run of the house again.

We are so pleased to have her home,:love: :love: :love: although a little scared of picking her up. She has one long stitched line all down her tummy. :cry:

Atleast she has had her spay now, so we won't have to worry about her going in for that.

We have to take her to visit the vet On Wednesday and then her lump results should be with us by Friday, or possible next Monday. :?

Back