• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Vibes for Henry please -New 6th FebU/D after vet

Thank you all - again. We're not there yet - and the majority of you all feel that there's still some way to go so I have to remain patient. This feels such a roller coaster ride with the little chap and I feel very ignorant at times because one moment I think he's improving only to find later on that he's not. The mystery remains as to how and why this occured - and sadly it is something I will nevr know the answer to. And I'm pretty sure that most of us feel a sense of frustration when our pets are unwell for unexplained reasons. The eye issue I get. He has tear duct issues - this just flared up very quickly. Rabbits wash their faces with their paws, their paws have been in dirt - dirt gets in eyes, infection follows. I get that cycle - but it doesn't help me feel stupid for not spotting it sooner. The leg baffles me. Its one of those things you'd like to address - if you knew how or where he did it, you could take action to stop it happening again.
The only slight saving grace is that the weather is pants here so going outside is probably the last thing they really want to do so they are sort of content indoors. But you can see frustrations in them both.
The vets have a rabbit talk class on satrday afternoon for an hour so I'm going to go along to that and see what they say. I can't really state that Henry is back to normal - he's not. At times I'm just too short sighted. I panic because I'm weak. If I look back two weeks ago, I can see a difference. Im trying to convince myself that there is, and I'm not just imagining it, but there's a definate difference, as slow as that change is.
What HAS had a difference in Henry and his recovery - is each and every one of you. You have ALL provided such great advice, support and kindness. I've used what I can and tried to implement that and I'm sure this is helping Henry - so I say again a HUGE thank you to everybun who has taken time to post and follow and show support and kindness. You are all wonderful. xx

Thank you all - again. We're not there yet - and the majority of you all feel that there's still some way to go so I have to remain patient. This feels such a roller coaster ride with the little chap and I feel very ignorant at times because one moment I think he's improving only to find later on that he's not. The mystery remains as to how and why this occured - and sadly it is something I will nevr know the answer to. And I'm pretty sure that most of us feel a sense of frustration when our pets are unwell for unexplained reasons. The eye issue I get. He has tear duct issues - this just flared up very quickly. Rabbits wash their faces with their paws, their paws have been in dirt - dirt gets in eyes, infection follows. I get that cycle - but it doesn't help me feel stupid for not spotting it sooner. The leg baffles me. Its one of those things you'd like to address - if you knew how or where he did it, you could take action to stop it happening again.
The only slight saving grace is that the weather is pants here so going outside is probably the last thing they really want to do so they are sort of content indoors. But you can see frustrations in them both.
The vets have a rabbit talk class on satrday afternoon for an hour so I'm going to go along to that and see what they say. I can't really state that Henry is back to normal - he's not. At times I'm just too short sighted. I panic because I'm weak. If I look back two weeks ago, I can see a difference. Im trying to convince myself that there is, and I'm not just imagining it, but there's a definate difference, as slow as that change is.
What HAS had a difference in Henry and his recovery - is each and every one of you. You have ALL provided such great advice, support and kindness. I've used what I can and tried to implement that and I'm sure this is helping Henry - so I say again a HUGE thank you to everybun who has taken time to post and follow and show support and kindness. You are all wonderful. xx

You're putting all the hard work in Craig :D

Have you taken any videos to document his progress with the leg?

You're putting all the hard work in Craig :D

Have you taken any videos to document his progress with the leg?

I haven't- I should. I'll see what I can do at the weekend and suss out how to post. It's about time you all saw some real time footage not just of Henry and Lillian, but oh bridge buns Georgina and Ben. I'll see what I can do.

I haven't- I should. I'll see what I can do at the weekend and suss out how to post. It's about time you all saw some real time footage not just of Henry and Lillian, but oh bridge buns Georgina and Ben. I'll see what I can do.

Well I didn't mean necessarily to post here, but for your own info.
It's easy to think that progress hasn't been made, but looking at footage you might feel more encouraged :D

Of course we would love to see any video as well :D

Well I didn't mean necessarily to post here, but for your own info.
It's easy to think that progress hasn't been made, but looking at footage you might feel more encouraged :D

Of course we would love to see any video as well :D
Yes I was going to say this, I have a daily video of Clementine moving from nothing to compensating, to after op, the first hops, to first large space hops and binkies [emoji38] it really helped me see her improvements, and now the video where she properly hops and binkies for the first time is really special [emoji7]

So pleased to hear that Henry is making progress, albeit it slowly, he certainly sounds happier in himself. Really hope that you are feeling better soon yourself Craig, you and Henry will need a holiday together for recuperation :D xx

It couldn't have happened when you had a pet sitter a few weeks ago? As we know rabbits are always getting under our feet and an accident can easily happen especially if the person looking after the rabbit isn't au fait with them. Probably not but just a thought.

It couldn't have happened when you had a pet sitter a few weeks ago? As we know rabbits are always getting under our feet and an accident can easily happen especially if the person looking after the rabbit isn't au fait with them. Probably not but just a thought.

We had wondered that, TB, but our rabbit sitter is an extremely savvy and diligent trusting person and she would have said if anything was out of the norm. It'll just remain one of those mysteries that only Henry himself will know. Oh to be in the mind of a rabbit at times.

Henry decided to really go for a zoomie tonight. Full wind up by the window and whoosh - full hell for leather sprint to the other end of the room. I assume he must be planting both paws down but unable to see if he was. He also had a small venture outside at 6:30am in the dark this morning as I was cleaning them out. A quick explore round the goldfish pond and behind the outdoor hutch and back in again. No real change from yesterday - so he's not full weight bearing but certainly showing signs of feeling better.
Will update over weekend.

Henry decided to really go for a zoomie tonight. Full wind up by the window and whoosh - full hell for leather sprint to the other end of the room. I assume he must be planting both paws down but unable to see if he was. He also had a small venture outside at 6:30am in the dark this morning as I was cleaning them out. A quick explore round the goldfish pond and behind the outdoor hutch and back in again. No real change from yesterday - so he's not full weight bearing but certainly showing signs of feeling better.

That certainly sounds better, sending more vibes to you Henry.

Great to hear Craig .. a full zoomie :D

Ok, the link below is to a video I just posted on you tube. Apologies because it's sideways because (a) I don't know how to use a smart phone properly and (b) I'm an idiot! I also didn't post this on my you tube account because (a) I haven't made one yet and (b) I'm an idiot!
This is henry this morning. It's his left leg that is the injured one and towards the end you can see it crossed over his right leg. I'm open to anybun out there giving me their views on the leg - if it looks seriously bad or where they think the injury could be. He tends to run now with the tip of his paw - as if the flat part is painful. Does anyone observe anything obvious that I'm issing or having thoughts?
I'm always welcoming your valued opinions:
Thank you all again
Craig

I absolutely loved this video of Henry, I can really see his bad paw though. Poor Henry. He's so hansome though. I was trying to spot Lillian

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Oh bless him xx he is such a cutey, I've got no suggestions as to what the problem could be, but judging by the way he's zooming around, I would say it must be getting better ?

I absolutely loved this video of Henry, I can really see his bad paw though. Poor Henry. He's so hansome though. I was trying to spot Lillian

Oh - you want video of Lillian now? Well, I'll get myself sorted after tea tonight and dig out some videos of Lillian and Henry and also Ben & Georgina. I'll pop them into the photo thread.

Oh - you want video of Lillian now? Well, I'll get myself sorted after tea tonight and dig out some videos of Lillian and Henry and also Ben & Georgina. I'll pop them into the photo thread.
Yes please sir may I have some Lillian

Last edited:
Back