• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Desperately needs a name!! This handsome lad has come for a visit ....

I think he's a Sable Silver Marten

With the ring, the name/number on it will identify the last registered owner, who may or may not be the actual Breeder. The BRC keep a register of the details so you could contact them.

That's what Maysie said too, and showed me a picture of the rabbits of that breed they have. He's 3.3kg which is smaller than I thought but still the largest bunster here.

I've thought 'Bruno' would be a good name, but I can't name him of course ....

Last edited:
Ah ha naming him now. I would find it very hard to let go of such a beauty. Good luck with whatever you decide!

That's what Maysie said too, and showed me a picture of the rabbits of that breed they have. He's 3.3kg which is smaller than I thought but still the largest bunster her.

I've thought 'Bruno' would be a good name, but I can't name him of course

Or Doc Marten !!

Ah ha naming him now. I would find it very hard to let go of such a beauty. Good luck with whatever you decide!

:( I think emotionally it will be very hard but I want to try and focus on him not being mine... it's all the space, time, financial issues. I want to try and rescue one or two and rehome them along the way... if I'm a strong enough person to do that, that is.... I can't help another if I keep him....*sigh*

He certainly fits the bill for Sable Silver Marten, is the right weight and it even (Wikipedia) describes them as timid - which he certainly is. ...though he knows how to join in with the others when there is begging going on (he can see the others from a distance).. he's very charming as long as there is mesh between him and the humin!

He's being neutered this afternoon and he hasn't got a name yet. I hate that he's just registered as "Sable" - anyone able to help? :oops:

I don't know how I missed all this. What a gorgeous boy, I do like a bigger bunny too. I hope his neuter goes well

I don't know how I missed all this. What a gorgeous boy, I do like a bigger bunny too. I hope his neuter goes well

He came from Brierfield ... I was tempted to ring you when I was on the way home ... he went past your house.. you could have nipped out to peek at him.;)

Oh, and re the neuter going well, all being well you can watch it back to see - at some point it's likely to be part of "the Gallery" ;)

Last edited:
He came from Brierfield ... I was tempted to ring you when I was on the way home ... he went past your house.. you could have nipped out to peek at him.;)

Oh, and re the neuter going well, all being well you can watch it back to see - at some point it's likely to be part of "the Gallery" ;)

Poor lamb, at least you got him out of there :lol: You should have called, it would be nice to say hello to you both.

I like people's names but naming after specific people, if that makes sense.... anyhow, if I call him Dc Marten he may turn out to be a grumpy **** :lol:

OK, a few more suggestions

Albert
Edward
Finlay
Hector
Stanley
Logan

:D

Or given his forthcoming Movie Star status maybe Clooney (as in George) , Benedict (Cumberbatch) , Eddie or Murphy (Eddie Murphy) !!

Back