• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D All the kittens and mum cat are rehomed

Its an hour and a half later and mum has phoned. They messed up. Have got mum but not the kittens. They rushed off into some hole in the back of the front garden.

I have no idea what possessed them to bring mother cat home. They are hoping it will lure out the kittens. Instead I think they will be very very stressed. Mum wants me to come over but it will take me a few hours to get there. My aunt has gone off to play tennis and mum said her back hurts. :roll:

They will have to try again.

Oh no :( I hope the kittens can be caught. How is mommy? Is she upset over her kittens not being with her?
Most cats love canned cat food or a can of tuna, maybe they can be enticed out with some? If all else fails maybe use some food as bait in a humane trap.

The opposite happened with me once, we found a mother cat with 3 kittens that were a week old. We got the kittens first because a raccoon or fox or something was bound to find and eat them. We weren't ever able to catch the mom though :( I'm hoping she was an escaped pet and she went back home because she was a beautiful long haired calico with pretty patches that reminded me of a cow. Her white fur looked too clean and unmatted for a long haired cat that had been living in the wild for a long time.

:love: Good on you.

Bear in mind the kitties may be part feral so may not have the nice nature of mum. I do think, though, that we will need to see photos of them as they grow up :D

According to my experience, they're still small enough to be socialized once you catch them. If you start right away you won't be able to tell the difference once they're adult. Good luck! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

My mum and aunt took the mother cat back but they couldn't see the kittens and the mother cat didn't call them.

Then the owners son of the house thought he would help but went to the back of the garage and started banging it to get the kittens to come out. It terrified the mum and she ran off. So they went home empty handed.

They are going back tomorrow but it may take a week or two.

My mum and aunt took the mother cat back but they couldn't see the kittens and the mother cat didn't call them.

Then the owners son of the house thought he would help but went to the back of the garage and started banging it to get the kittens to come out. It terrified the mum and she ran off. So they went home empty handed.

They are going back tomorrow but it may take a week or two.

:shock::shock::shock:

Best thing to do is to just keep feeding mum and put some food down for the kittens too. Don't try and get them yet, you need to encourage them to trust humans and everything done by the son and your mum and aunt has done the opposite.
I have had to catch alot of feral kittens and best way is to use food to get them to trust you and let them come to you.

Once they trust you are only there to feed them you can then set up a cat trap.
A dog crate with small gaps (so they won't escape) is usually best, cover 3 sides with blankets or cardboard inside and put cat food in once they are regularly coming for food.
Feed them in the cage for a few days and once they are relaxed in there you can sneak up and shut them in.

It's really important that they can't get through the gaps, scared ferals will squeeze through anything if they can.

Good luck!!!!

Oh no :( Hope they have better luck next time xx
Thanks

:shock::shock::shock:

Best thing to do is to just keep feeding mum and put some food down for the kittens too. Don't try and get them yet, you need to encourage them to trust humans and everything done by the son and your mum and aunt has done the opposite.
I have had to catch alot of feral kittens and best way is to use food to get them to trust you and let them come to you.

Once they trust you are only there to feed them you can then set up a cat trap.
A dog crate with small gaps (so they won't escape) is usually best, cover 3 sides with blankets or cardboard inside and put cat food in once they are regularly coming for food.
Feed them in the cage for a few days and once they are relaxed in there you can sneak up and shut them in.

It's really important that they can't get through the gaps, scared ferals will squeeze through anything if they can.

Good luck!!!!

Will pass this on. Thanks for the information.

Really hoping the kittens are going to be safe and haven't got scared. Has mum been left to get them?

Mum was left with the kittens but the noise made her run off. She would have returned after the people left. Mum said she is very affectionate when they took her to my aunts, so she is used to people. Unfortunately this was a step backwards but sometime day my mum and aunt will check everything is ok. Only hope she hasn't moved them.

What a farce. Mum and my aunt went back to see her and her kittens. Mum wasn't there but the kittens were starving so ate the mums food. This must have been yesterday. My mum went looking for mum and found her half way down a park, quite a fair way from the kittens. Anyway at least the mother cat followed mum back to her kittens. I think it was today, :oops:, mum and my aunt got mum and one of her kittens. The smallest black and white one. I am fairly sure this must be the one in the first photo with a black patch on either side of her face.

They are safely at my aunts now. In less than an hour they are going up to try and get the rest.

A couple are already adopting mum when the kittens are weaned. :love: She doesn't seem to like men though, so fingers crossed she will settle in.

Try a rag covered in a bit of cat food. Shove the rag in and the might hold onto it with their claws and try to eat it. Then you could pull them out. I saw it on TV once. It might work.....

Just read the whole thread, glad you have four kittens and mum and hope you catch the other soon :) xx

Back