• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Typical boarding fees?

That's terrible. I always ask if bunnies are indoor or outdoor. For that reason I can only have one or one pair of house rabbits at a time. I always have a check list for each rabbit because no matter how trivial it may seem each rabbit has different needs whether it's inside or out.
I know I'd worry if I had to leave mine anywhere !
I always ask people to come and have a look first before they decide and apart from hutches I use for guineas (if they're not indoors ) they are 5 or 6 foot.
Make sure you can ask as many questions as you need and that you don't feel embarrassed doing so. If necessary take a list with you incase you forget something Good luck :D

We went through a big list with her and she said she was going to be kept in the kitchen or her daughters bedroom.And she let her dog scare her.She just didn't understand that having a houserabbit was more than just keeping a rabbit inside!But when i made it obvious i wasn't happy she made me feel like i was stupid ,thats when she made the comment on how thick her fur was and she wouldn't get cold outside!

I suppose it all depends on what people expect from boarding. If someone wants their rabbit to be indoors with human company and all the usual goings on in a household ( tv radio etc) then I'm lucky enough to be able to provide that. Maybe when (if ) my house ever gets finished and I have 'posh' carpet :lol: :lol: I may not be able to provide 'free range' boarding .......Like that's ever going to happen :lol: :lol:
Just ask suzynic :lol: :lol:

I am not unreasonable,i didn't expect this woman to have her out 17hours a day like i do but i didn't expect her to be shoved in the shed especially when she told me she was going to be in doors.When my friend had her last sept all i asked was for her cage to be somewhere where she could see people and come out 2-4hours a day.If she was better behaved i'd leave her at home like i did will and get someone to go in twice day.They haven't got the attention though but they have got their own surroundings and be free range.Wish you lived near me!!:DYour hotel sounds lovely:lol:

I am not unreasonable,i didn't expect this woman to have her out 17hours a day like i do but i didn't expect her to be shoved in the shed especially when she told me she was going to be in doors.When my friend had her last sept all i asked was for her cage to be somewhere where she could see people and come out 2-4hours a day.If she was better behaved i'd leave her at home like i did will and get someone to go in twice day.They haven't got the attention though but they have got their own surroundings and be free range.Wish you lived near me!!:DYour hotel sounds lovely:lol:

Thank you :wave: :D Yes I'm probably a couple of hours from you
But what a pity you trusted someone and they let you down like that :(
At least if you are straight with people they have the choice to leave their pet or not. Many people don't even realise there are pet boarding facilities around or they think there are only catteries and kennels or they rely on their neighbours who possibly don't fully understand the animals needs.
With regard to prices I hope I've just made mine affordable, so, as the same people do come back I guess it's either there is nowhere else :lol: or they're happy with things here:D
I also try to think how I'd feel if I ever had to leave any of mine somewhere

Back