• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Types Of Hay

What types of hay do your bunnies prefere.

For my two I tried Timothy hay from timothyhayuk. I tried my local pet shop hay which is 4.25 a bag. I have tried the wilko hay which is 2.20. Lastly I have tried cheap farm hay from the farm where the horses are. My two prefere the cheap hay as it's stalky and they love it. It's easier for me aswell as it doesn't cost me anything toget it as I get it from my cousin.

What hay do your buns prefere

Mine prefer the farm bales of meadow hay - though they do enjoy a bit of green oat hay as a treat.

My lot were absolutly fine on Bob Martin's meadow hay - all ate it with no problem...only problem was the varying quality between bags but on the whole it was fine.

One day out of curiosity - and feeling a bit flush - I bought a bag of Alfalfa King - Timothy hay - BIG mistake as my buns go bonkers for it and will not happily eat any other type of hay now and it is costing me a :censored: fortune :(:(:(

I have just started them on Welsh Meadow hay - and trying to reduce the Timothy Hay so that it is a TREAT - they do seem to like this meadow hay (it does smell lovely) and it's not terribly expensive either.

I order the Meadow Hay in bulk - but there is no room in my flat to keep 8 buns and all the hay - the garage is not damp proof - so the only other place I can store the hay is in my little mini which I only use at weekends - and it smells like a stable when I get in it.:love::love::love::lol:

My lot were absolutly fine on Bob Martin's meadow hay - all ate it with no problem...only problem was the varying quality between bags but on the whole it was fine.

One day out of curiosity - and feeling a bit flush - I bought a bag of Alfalfa King - Timothy hay - BIG mistake as my buns go bonkers for it and will not happily eat any other type of hay now and it is costing me a :censored: fortune :(:(:(

I have just started them on Welsh Meadow hay - and trying to reduce the Timothy Hay so that it is a TREAT - they do seem to like this meadow hay (it does smell lovely) and it's not terribly expensive either.

I order the Meadow Hay in bulk - but there is no room in my flat to keep 8 buns and all the hay - the garage is not damp proof - so the only other place I can store the hay is in my little mini which I only use at weekends - and it smells like a stable when I get in it.:love::love::love::lol:
Could you use a new wheely bin or one of those plastic garden storage trunks to store the hay in? I kniw what you mean though, it does smell lovely when it's in the car :love::lol:

Back