• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Turfing for under runs.

spinecho

Warren Scout
Hi, as part of my "Bunnytopia" project which includes putting up a new shed and digging up half the garden [emoji23] , I want to lay new turf for Clover and Cuddles' new full time runs (to be attached to the shed).

I've read that it's best to put wire mesh under the turf so bunnies can't dig out / predators can't dig in...

Does anyone have any guidelines for this... e.g. how deep the mesh should be... Would it be ok to place the mesh just underneath turf?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi spinecho

Our run has mesh under the turf....its only just being put to the test today as Lilah has decided to try making a burrow now she has a new husbun....thinking babies but it cant happen bless her. Yes mesh is ok under the turf, but also put the mesh vertically. Lilah has tried going down with no luck, then side ways.

I'd only gone in to make a cuppa and she had made great progress in 5 mins, was lovely lawn before that, so they are fast workers. Frankie the male is now sitting in the hole. I'll climb in and back fill it tomorrow.

Christine x

Last edited:
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Thanks Christine.
Luckily Clover has shown no signs of digging since she's been spayed [emoji2] although she was quite the digger beforehand[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back