• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tugging the heart strings - Update: We got her!

Ha, I see what you mean about being in a similar situation.

Though, Persephone is a completely different kettle of fish - she's confident but highly strung. And young. And fairly good nick really - fur was clean, has taken to hay very well, and already has us wrapped round the paw. She's been vaccinated and checked over by a vet already, but in part because she wasn't scared out of her wits and I felt confident enough to get the health side moving. She'll be spayed in 3-4 weeks time - and hopefully by then my OH will have built her a proper enclosure (and the quad's!) to let her and a husbun move in. I couldn't bear to part with her - none of the family can.

I hope your litte one settles down and that she comes around. Whatever happens, her future is brighter now because of you!

Thank you. I'm glad Persephone is doing well.

Yes this one is very timid and in an awful state, I've posted some photos in my thread in health. I've spoken with the vets and we have an appointment at 2.30pm this afternoon. If they offer to vaccinate her there and then I will do that and then arrange spaying in a few weeks.

I just never expected to be in this situation, looking at selling pages is a dangerous game :) x

Thank you. I'm glad Persephone is doing well.

Yes this one is very timid and in an awful state, I've posted some photos in my thread in health. I've spoken with the vets and we have an appointment at 2.30pm this afternoon. If they offer to vaccinate her there and then I will do that and then arrange spaying in a few weeks.

I just never expected to be in this situation, looking at selling pages is a dangerous game :) x

Yes, no more looking for you for at least a week :lol:

Yes, I'm sworn off them for now :D. I'm still a bit in shock :shock:.

Obviously it would be lovely if she could have a husbun in the future, but I'd most likely go to a rescue centre x

If you haven't already formed your own :lol:

:lol:

Yes, all good daphnephoebe thanks, I'll put the link in here in case anyone is interested.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456858-New-Rabbit

So, we are off in the morning for Buffys de-matting appointment, I'll post a few pictures afterwards. She has been trying to clean herself up and her fur already looks better than when she first arrived. She just needs help with the areas she can't reach.

She's doing amazing so far. We been letting her have free time running around our lounge and she is becoming much more confident. At first she kept retreating to her carrier, but tonight she was doing a lot more investigating and even binkies :D. She flopped out a few times and had a quick nap.

I've bought her a few things to keep her occupied, a chew mat, tunnel, ball etc x

:lol:

Yes, all good daphnephoebe thanks, I'll put the link in here in case anyone is interested.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456858-New-Rabbit

So, we are off in the morning for Buffys de-matting appointment, I'll post a few pictures afterwards. She has been trying to clean herself up and her fur already looks better than when she first arrived. She just needs help with the areas she can't reach.

She's doing amazing so far. We been letting her have free time running around our lounge and she is becoming much more confident. At first she kept retreating to her carrier, but tonight she was doing a lot more investigating and even binkies :D. She flopped out a few times and had a quick nap.

I've bought her a few things to keep her occupied, a chew mat, tunnel, ball etc x

Good luck for the de-matt tomorrow!!

As I just updated Persephone's thread (the title at least ;)) I thought it fit to check in on Buffy's progress. :love: Pleased for her! Good luck and calming noserubs for her de-matting too.

Thank you, she's all done, picking her up at 3.30pm :D She was very calm apparently, so fortunately did not need any sedation.

Does anyone think all these car journeys will be upsetting her though? I will make sure she has a nice peaceful afternoon to settle x

Thank you, she's all done, picking her up at 3.30pm :D She was very calm apparently, so fortunately did not need any sedation.

Does anyone think all these car journeys will be upsetting her though? I will make sure she has a nice peaceful afternoon to settle x

All bunnies view travel differently. If she's calm by disposition, then it's likely they don't stress her too much.

In any event, most bunnies who have to do lots of travelling learn to recover from it fairly fast!

Ah what a lovely thread. It really cheered me up and I literally laughed out loud when you put you've got her!

Hope it's all gone well.

Back