• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to bond a trio... Not going well

AylaRabbit

New Kit
Hello everybun, I've only just made an account so I hope it's okay to post (I will try to join in with the rest of the forum at some point)... I'm getting incredibly desperate.
I started with two sister buns my ex impulse bought at pets at home nearly a year ago. Sadly I lost the submissive sister a month to two ago from something that wasn't stasis but the vets weren't able to diagnose in time.
That left me with my Ayla, a one year old spayed female lop of about 2kg. She's very solid, energetic, independent and dominant. My local rescue advised I try her with two bonded boys so that in the event of something happening there will still remain one pair. The initial meeting went very well and on the 11th October I bought home Burly and George.
Burly is a little smaller than Ayla, about 4 and a half going on 5 year old neutered male. He seems to be a little stoic and is the dominant of him and George. George is a teeny lion head, a little over half a year old and also a neutered boy. He's kinda skittish but will eat anything any time.
Things went downhill as soon as I got home. Ayla and burly have always gone for each others throats. Ayla and George are going a little better but they're both uneasy around the other and will chase and nip.
I've tried small spaces in the bath, I've tried big spaces in the kitchen, I've tried in the room they share. I've tried treats through the bars (the room is set up with a hutch and a puppy pen so they all take turns being out and swapping who sleeps in what). Whoever is out will kind of sit with whoever is in the puppy pen but as soon as I try anything face-to-face it goes **** up basically.
I didn't think this would be done in a month but I was hoping to see a little improvement after this much time... I really am getting desperate so any advice or thoughts would be so welcome, I've tried to include everything I can think is relevant but I may have missed stuff.
Thank you, Ayla's mum

Last edited:
Back