• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

trying to bond 2 does!

emilybun

Warren Scout
the other day my two does which are currently seperate accidently got together. they have sniffed each other many times before though wire mesh. i thought i would just see for a few seconds how they got on. at first there was just a lot of sniffing around each others noses and i thought 'oh this is going well, i might be able to bond them' then suddenly they were rolling about the floor together, tufts of fur flying and i had to rush over and seperate them. :( luckily none of them were hurt!

I was just wondering, do you think there is any hope for them bonding? it woule be so much easier if they could be together.

Ooups! Are the spayed? A bad first meeting wont prevent you being able to bond them, but it may just make it a slower process.
The most important thing is to make any introductions on totally neutral territory - the bath tub is ideal as you can access them easily and they can't get any grip if they do try and fight. I have also found that housing them next to each other first so they can meet through the wire without being able to hurt each other is the best first step. I then spend a week or so swapping them over a few times a day so that they get used to each others scent works really well.

thanks! cinnabun isnt spayed, she is getting done in december. as for daisy may, im not sure as i only took her in about a month ago and the people i got her from didnt know as they didnt get her till she was 18 months old. It will probably take an ultrasound to figure that out! :D

Back