• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio Bonding has commenced! :-) 25.04.11 Now with VIDEO's

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all!:wave: Ive not been around for abit...and wanted to update all on whats been happening...Ive just started the bonding of my trio!

Firstly - thankyou all for those who have advised me before I started, sent me info on bonding do's & dont's and also for all of you who have updated the forum on info on bonding - useful reading for sure!:D

Unfortunalty Im not able to upload the video's Ive done so far as photobucket seems to be out of action - as soon as thats done - Ill upload....be warned - there is a few video's!:lol:
Im trying to just record the process now & then even if Im not doing it right - its a learning curve - its something for everyone to see what can happen and to learn from either way.;) There is a gap from 6:30pm - to midday the next day as OH was helping and I met a friend...so they didnt video whilst I wasnt there and then I was also ill overnight...all happens at once sometimes! :roll::)

OK - for those who dont know my bunnies...I have 2 girls who are just over 1 years old and had to be seperated as they started fighting when Master Archie (male 2 years old) arrived...The girls are sisters and have been with me since 9 weeks old and used to adore each other - both are spayed. Master Archie did live outside but was indoors to recover from his neuter hence the girls fighting.
I tried to now & then to put the girls back together...but they'd end up fighting in a circle of frenzy.:(

Right - so the bonding setup is useing NIC Cubes (2 cubes X 3 cubes)
2.5 ft X 3.5 ft / 73cm X 93cm
A rug laid down on the floor with clear plastic sheeting over the top & newspaper, hay & a water bowl.
The bonding area is in the lounge.
The girls have been into the lounge before...but not for ages and never in the area of the lounge where the setup cage is. I vacummed, washed the floors and wiped the area down with vinigar & water to de-scent just in case.

First I bought Archie indoors and put him in the cage, then we carried both girls in and put them in together.
You'll see in the first video...it starts off fine....then all goes crazy and Ive got the girls circling and fighting and Archie springing about in the air (lol!) its funny looking back , but we had to suddenly stop videoing just to get more hands into the cage....my heart was pounding...luckily I had my OH and sister to calm my nerves and seem to think its all normal! lol! I did not seperate...I just intervened if I thought any circling would start....in the video it may seem Im intewrvening abit too much...BUT because my girls start to fight very quickly after circling...I didnt want to risk waiting.
It is hard to seperate 3 rabbits by yourself.

One thing I noticed - which was so obvious - is the girls are SO happy to be together again....and Archie - well if ever a bunny could say he was happy to have friends of his own kind...he can! He just flopped and flopped and jumped about and made snorting noises and thumped alot too! lol!

He has humped both the girls...Arrabella gave in more than Indiana at the beginning. She looked very humilated (bless her).
Indiana is very curious though and eventually gave into Archie humping...but now Arrabella is having none of it. lol!
Ive noticed Archie also kind of digs at them - no claws..just a quick diggin action...they put up with it, but then get cross as its quite rough. Not sure if this is normal or what this actually means?
Should I interfer?

Overview so far:

11 April Monday

4pm started bond
Circling girls and fighting abit, Archie had abit of fur pulled...but it was just in a scuffle I think.
By 6:30pm we have flops
All bunnies had eaten and pooped by midnight...thank goodness!
The night was fine, abit of chasing and quite alot of thumping from Archie. He kept trying to lie on top of the girls and be with them....or hump them...he has been quite persistent.

17:39pm

18:30pm

18:36pm

I have started a second page (POST EIGHT 8)to continue, as this one says I have too many words!

OK - so thats it for now - well done and thanks for all who actually read it all! lol! But its more for passing on my experience than anything....Ive videoed quite abit for a more visual idea...will post when photobucket is working again. :wave: Having read through this - it all seems like not much has happened...it sure doesnt fee like it and hopefully the video's will show more. Lets hope it continues in this positive way!:p

Last edited:
i just had a sinilar situation. 2 young girls and a 3 year old boy. the girls started fighting pre spay and after they were speyed i had to re bond.

all are back outside now and happy (she says while frantcally touching wood!)

it is lovely to see them all together and worth all the stress and upset if you can get it to work.

keeping my fingers crossed for you.. keep us updated. :)

i just had a sinilar situation. 2 young girls and a 3 year old boy. the girls started fighting pre spay and after they were speyed i had to re bond.

all are back outside now and happy (she says while frantcally touching wood!)

it is lovely to see them all together and worth all the stress and upset if you can get it to work.

keeping my fingers crossed for you.. keep us updated. :)

aah thats great to know! thankyou!:D

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I hope all stays good!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I know eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! lol!
I also hope so! Right now the girls are flopped together with Archie just near them...all out for the count after dinner! lol!:love:

edited first post again

Continued from Page 1 POST 1

12 April Tuesday
By 2:30pm we have the girls flopped together and Indiana grooming Arrabella - this is wonderful to see as they havent been together for ages...
The evening - both girls came to sit with Archie at different times and he groomed both girls. Indiana has groomed Archie and Arrabella alot.
Archie seems to adore Indiana...and will sit on her head or lay next to her if she is there. Archie tries to hump Arrabella - but she is now not having any of it and they chase each other abit. If both girls are sitting together Archie will sit on them or try to squash in too.
Arrabella decided to also dominate Indiana - so Arrabella humped Indiana - which Inidiana let happen - and was submissive.
Arrabella is still not letting Archie hump her since the first day.
The night was less interupting for me - so a little more sleep....they did thump abit - wasnt sure quite what about, but otherwise seemed happy to have a fuss and have some more hay & herbs put down. The girls seem to groom each other quite abit.
All bunnies have played abit - binkys now & then - all eating & pooping and weeing....could perhaps drink abit more though.

1:51pm

14:33pm

14:57pm

13 April Wednesday
All bunnies up and waiting at 4am for breakfast! aaargh! lol!
They have all decided that tearing up newspaper and digging at my plastic sheeting is great fun...so now if they wee in some places it will go through the holes they have made! :roll: Ive put in some toys...which they were happy with but havent done much with..lol!
Its 1pm and all bunnies are flopped out by themselves...sleeping.
One thing I have noticed today though is Archie drinking his wee...I thought he had stopped doing this...so abit concerned about it.
(new edit)Right - this afternoon has been uneventful....abit of chasing from Archie to Arrabella and once again he has been digging at her...she does not like this and jumps about thumping at him...he looks surprised almost at her reaction. But he then grooms her and then does it again - so abit confusing as to what message he is trying to get across. Ive videod all this....so if you look at video timed about 7/7:30pm you'll see what I mean.
Arrabella has been jumping about and playing...very sweet and has stayed close to Indiana.
7pm - Indiana and Arrabella flopped out together next to each other - very cute and Archie just near them - and facing them. What is nice about this - is the girls are in the space where Archie has been usually laying...so they have not stayed the other side of the cage....
8pm - Girls still flopped out after dinner and head to tail......out for the count sleeping....Archie is having a nose about and organising the newspaper by pushingit about...lol! Quietly of course - so as not to wake the girls beauty sleep...lol!:love:
8:41pm - YEAH! Arrabella came to sit near Archie - who was happily flopped out himself.....and she sat there for ages grooming herself and looking sefl conscious...esp. when I looked over at her...and she has just flopped out with her head near Archies bum/tummy....and now Indiana is comming to be there too. Im just glad Arrabella can feel comfy to be near Archie - I felt she was a little left out at first...shy, nervous and self concious almost. So yeah! Bless these little bunnies xxx:love:
All three were squished together eating
9:30pm - Arrabella and Archie are both flopped out with bums together and back legs entwined! lol!
A little while ago - Archie did dominate Indiana - now she is flopped out by herself the other side of the cage....

Seems like the girls have both had turns now....

The night went ok - not much chasing from anyone....but it did happen abit from Arrabella.
This morning I woke to find "somebun" - I saw Indiana - but Archie is who started it off...had dug through my plastic sheet and chewed a huge hole in my rug underneath - was not happy! They have now got a huge cardboard base with newspaper on top...aaargh...my own fault for not doing that earlier, but still! lol!

Continued on Page 2 POST 16[/C:wave:OLOR]

Last edited:
Aw can't believe I missed this :oops:

How are they doing this morning? Sounds like they're keeping you busy!!!

Cant believe I missed this, so sorry hun :wave:

Sounds like its going really well, much better than my trio did :roll::lol:

I think they'll start settling down really soon and then you will have a beautiful trio :love::love::love:

We need pics btw ;)

Good luck, I hope they continue to behave themselves :wave:

Aw can't believe I missed this :oops:

How are they doing this morning? Sounds like they're keeping you busy!!!

lol! Its ok - I only started the thread a couple days ago anyways...Ive also been abit ill...so quite tired...but its going ok...I think! eeek!:wave:

Cant believe I missed this, so sorry hun :wave:

Sounds like its going really well, much better than my trio did :roll::lol:

I think they'll start settling down really soon and then you will have a beautiful trio :love::love::love:

We need pics btw ;)

Good luck, I hope they continue to behave themselves :wave:

I hope so! lol! Im on the misison with pics - Ive tons of videos - but photobucket was playin gup - so waiting for that really...then there will be load sof boring videos with the odd bit of excitement for everyone to look at lol! Its always when I stop videoing they go mad playig or humping or something..lol"!

Thanks for the luck - !:wave:

Sorry to hear you've been ill.

Just tell that Master Archie to behave himself! :no:

Last edited:
:wave: How is your bond going? I'm sooooo impatient. My 7 have only been together a few hours and I just want them bonded and cuddled NOW!

Sorry to hear you've been ill.

Just tell that Master Archie to behave himself! :no:

yeah...been a struggle but nevermind.....lol!
Hope youve been well....and the buns! xxx

Ive passed on the message to Master Archie! lol! He laughed at me! lol!:lol::lol:

:wave: How is your bond going? I'm sooooo impatient. My 7 have only been together a few hours and I just want them bonded and cuddled NOW!

well - so far thanks! wow - 7 buns! Youve got your hands full....!:shock::p
I know what you mean - you think its working out and then a squabble and then its all fine...you start watching every mannerism and trying to understand it...lol! Does make you realise how much we dont see in peoples behaviour etc...but seeing how the buns communicate!:p

Hope your bonding goes well...will try keep updated! My computer keeps going on the blink...:roll:
xxx

Continued from PAGE 1 POST 8:wave:

15 April - Thursday
Today has been great really - new flooring for their cage and put a hay rack in, and a water bottle...they all were interested and happy.
We have add lots of grooming from Indiana to both Arrabella & Archie...but she has not received as much as she gives - though she does ask bless her.
The girls were flopped out together today for quite a while which was lovely.
Archie is chomping on more hay which is great...but is still drinking his wee...:?
This evening all three were squished together..."The Trio Sausage"...Archie in the middle and a girl either side...aaaaaaw!:love: yeah!
1am But now - Arrabella is still trying to be top bunny it seems...she is now chasing Indiana - who becomes submissive or jumps or runs away - as Arrabella keeps nipping her in the bum on her side. Then she seems to keep sticking her nose into Archies bum and almost does a subtle nip...Archie doesnt seem too fazed...but does move every now & then. Arrabella wont let Archie hump her either.
I think Arrabella is kind of playing BUT also seems to be being abit bossy in chasing Indiana and also then sitting near Archie kind of guarding him or claiming him(who is aware but kind of ignoring her abit). Indiana does not seem very happy with the way Arrabella is being with her.
I was hoping to have a quiet night...lol! Hopefully it will settle down...Arrabella seems excited....not sure if she or Archie will be top bun now, but at the moment Indiana is the bottom bun.

3am...yaaaaaawnn....lol! Arrabella running about like a mad thing playing...but still chaisng now & then...I think she is trying to be bossy but also just wants to play! Indiana has joined in with leaps all over the place but then goes all submissive and worried looking when things get too excited. Archie has been dozing whislt all this goes on...and every now & then one of the girls will flop next to him...except he doesnt budge so they get squashed against the side of the cage where they have tried to squish in. Archie has now decided after all - to get up and done some clumsy jumps and shaking of his head in happiness...lol! Though Indiana then goes submissive and Arrabella runs about gettin gin the way but happy anyway...waiting for a chance to sniff his bum. I have had to stop the girls a couple of times to stop the chasing...I know they want to play but it gets abit too excitiing and I know they start chasing and before I know it - it would be a fight...so try to stop it befire - then its a good experience of playing with out the fighting. Not sure if Im doing it right but am hoping so. I just videoed trying to get them playing...got a tiny bit then they all stopped to have a groom...aaargh lol! Then as soon as i stop videoing - Arrabella does a huge flop and Indiana grooms Archie and now they all running about again....
Its sometimes hard to know if they are winding each other up or just playing...abit of both I guess...
Right - going to give them some more hay etc and then hopefully get some sleep.....:wave:

So they behaved themselves until morning...well late morning! lol! Abit of thumping...and then I awoke to.....

16 April - Friday

Archie chasing Arrabella about trying to scrabble / dig her back and hump her....well she was having none of it - was thumping and jumping away...looking very cross as only she can look and all hunched up...bless her - it does make me laugh at her body language....and it is so not funny for her! lol! Well Archie did not get to hump her - but she did go abit submissive...just didnt actually let Archie have his way. Indiana in all this - is all low and sitting quietly in the corner and looking like she is thinking "oh no - here we go again.....":D
This mornng Archie has sat with Indiana abit,
then the girls sat together a while...then whilst Archie and Arrabella snoozed seperatly ....Indiana had a crazy time leaping all over the place playing....very cute.

Archie has also played by himself abit this morning after chasing Arrabella....very sweet how he plays...
Its now 13:12 midday and all buns are snoozing in different area's of the cage...but all seem content.:p

25 April
Hi all!:wave:
Sorry about the delay in updating - Ive not been well and out computer has been playing up...but so far so good! They have all ben in their small pen for the last week - and then Yesterday we put the buns in the garden....into a bigger pen than they have been inn - a 6X4 ft size...they loved it!:love: Alot of chin rubbing and scenting done by all on everything...and some dominiance behaviour - but nothing serious really...just subtle signs.Of course Master Archie had to hump everyone again....for all to see in the garden! lol! Arrabella doesnt let him really but she will still be submissive in other ways like she will groom him a little or lay with him ..Indiana lets him hump her...and both girls do tend to run away after abit and Archie doesnt seem to mind too much - he kinda goes "oh right then...ok..." and then may hop over to them or just lay down. We put them into the garden again today (pen size 6X4 ft)..this time for the whole day and again they had loads of fun running about having fun...some chasing but not any thing that looked aggressive - more like playing. I also introduced a tuneel today which went down well....and this tunnel was the girls tunnel before and I didnt descent it...and it was ok. SO! Been really great so far....We are changin the area where they will all ive - so under construction at the moment otherwise i would move them into a larger area...but for now will contine with the smaller pen for night time and then the 6X4 pen in the garden or on the patio for the day time....
:wave:

Ive started uploading the video's - but some wont upload for some reason - will continue to upload the ones that I can!:roll::D

Last edited:
Sounds like Mr Archie has truly landed on all four paws! So glad it's working out for the three of them. Can't wait to see the video....:wave:

Back