• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trevor is finally mobile! Pics/video p24

I'm so pleased to hear such good news. Well done Liz and Steve for all your patient and loving care and well done Trevor!

Just a few pics and a short video. When she first goes in the cart her legs still go to the side as this is how she sits on the floor all the time but after about 10 minutes they slowly turn to a more natural position. We are extremely conscious of not letting her legs drag on the floor but it is really hard to get the balance right. She has incredibly short front legs so the back of the cart needs to be much higher for her back legs but this starts to fold her spine and obviously we don't want to cause that any more damage. Plus we need her back feet to reach the floor so that when she gets use to it she can start to use them to push herself along. So don;t worry we will be keeping a very careful eye on her back feet. We do have some little socks especially made for her but didn't bother with them yesterday as we needed to see exactly what was touching where so we could make more adjustments if needs be. I have already added an extra wheel today but have yet to try it with her! We were delighted last night that she is already attempting to use her back legs. We can see the muscles in her thighs twitching and her toes wiggling :D

P1030805.jpg

P1030808.jpg

How her legs start
P1030816.jpg

How they finish up
P1030810.jpg

Eating pellets from the floor
P1030814.jpg

Not moving as much as the first attempt but she was extremely tired last night as had been in and out of the cart all day so we could change bits for her

:love::love::love::love::love:

Trevor looks like she is enjoying whizzing around. Must make such a difference, rather than dragging her legs along. What to the others do, when they see her whizzing along ?

:love::love::love::love::love:

Trevor looks like she is enjoying whizzing around. Must make such a difference, rather than dragging her legs along. What to the others do, when they see her whizzing along ?

She ran over bobbi while she was sleeping in the lounge the first time so at the moment we are trying her out in the dining room away from other bunnies!

This is amazing. She looks so happy and alert. She'll have to learn to 'pace' herself a bit but wow! Her bunny curiosity will power her along when her energy levels drop.:love:

This is amazing. She looks so happy and alert. She'll have to learn to 'pace' herself a bit but wow! Her bunny curiosity will power her along when her energy levels drop.:love:

She is having 3 x 15 minutes a day at present but we are hoping to build it up to 2 x 1 hr a day :wave:

Seeing this literally brought tears to my eyes, bless her little heart :love: She looks so happy, she must be really excited about this :D Go Trevor xxx

liz: you were much quicker last time

trevor: yes but now you have a camera and I want to make you look silly :p

that is amazing I am so happy for her

Really heart-warming to see. :D:love::thumb:

Bunnies do tend to stop and stare when they realise they are being filmed. :roll:

This is so wonderful to see. She really does look at ease with her wheels and makes it look like it's the most normal thing in the world. :love:

What a brave and clever bunny. :love: I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. :roll:

Back