• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tree people - what is this? and are the leaves safe for bunnuhs?

Yours is def a magnolia Kath, it looks just like my neighbour's magnolia :)

If you compare yours and chelle's pic side by side the leaves aren't alike at all. Hers have serrated edges, for a start!

Yours is def a magnolia Kath, it looks just like my neighbour's magnolia :)

If you compare yours and chelle's pic side by side the leaves aren't alike at all. Hers have serrated edges, for a start!

ah ok, so it will flower then?- ooo pretty :D the buns had no ill effects from the leaves so i guess the odd one is ok

:shock::lol::lol::lol:
oooooh dear! A laurel!:shock: YES it was sold at a discount as a Magnolia!:roll:

I agree - you can tell instantly Chelle that yours is a laurel i'm afraid. It is poisonous to buns but we have one in our garden and my buns who eat anything NEVER touch the fallen leaves EVER. :wave:

So are the leaves on my MAGNOLIA ok??? Im not rubbing it in Chelle that youve got a Laurel - honest :lol::lol::lol:
Tree wars!!

can you post an image with a penny piece for scale?? I would guess at Viburnum Tinnis - but only if it has leaves that are 5-7 cms long - and at this time of year very small buds of flowers.

It doesn't look quite shiny enough for laurel.

twigs

...that's what I was thinking - perhaps not shiny enough. Would be good to know the answer after everyones' guesses lol!

prettylupin
Warren Veteran
I agree - you can tell instantly Chelle that yours is a laurel i'm afraid. It is poisonous to buns but we have one in our garden and my buns who eat anything NEVER touch the fallen leaves EVER.

:roll: Just Greeeeeat!:lol:
I didnt know it was poisonous...thanks for letting me know!
i think this "Maggie Laurel" will be becoming a hedge now...
Hopefully my buns will be clever like yours!:lol:

Definitely a Laurel Chelle...:D

:roll:
:lol::lol:

Also if you burn the laurel, it can give off poisonous smoke. So, don't do that :)

ooooh - ok _ i wont be bombing the garden then in frustration!:lol:

So are the leaves on my MAGNOLIA ok??? Im not rubbing it in Chelle that youve got a Laurel - honest :lol::lol::lol:
Tree wars!!

:shock::no::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Youz norty Kaths101!
Tree wars!:lol::lol:
Striding off to start making bow & arrows...outa my Laurels!:lol::lol:

Back