• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

transport needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob, your in the firing line again Have you ever read the book 'men are from mars, women are from venus'? makes for interesting reading

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think Bob is from planet Grumble, not Mars...... :shock: :roll:

Ah, thanks for that Joanne, I knew it had got to stand for something but just kept interpreting it as a bark, roff, ruff, dog sound. must be my age. No news my end yet.

honeybunny said:
I do not want to be rude here BUT every time I see a post from Bob it seems he's trying to start an argument rather than a discussion..it is obvious people on this thread are trying to help make sure these rabbits end up in a safe place and yet Bob is still trying to stir things up.
Bob... do you own any rabbits? and if so where did you get them from?
Do you go on any other forums?
The other day(after you had caused quite a stir in another thread) you admitted to getting out of bed on the wrong side....may I suggest a hammock! :D

You are not rude at all - indeed, very polite! I do challenge things and sometimes get things wrong. Often I get them spot on even if that means I am not the flavour of the month.

Usually people only jump on things that I get wrong, not right.

Do I own rabbits? :-0

Yes I do!

They all came from a breeder whom I happen to know very well!

Do I go to other forums? Yes.

Anything else that you would like to know?

To clarify things.....

It really narks me when a breeder uses a "rescue" to get rid of his or her stock. Tams has made this clear that this is not the case but I was not aware of that till now.

I hope that this is not so in this case but believe me it has been in so many other cases. This is something that I feel very strongly about and you will not silence me on this issue!

I Will be back ;-o

shantel said:
Bob - I get the impression that you just want to cause friction here. We are all trying to do what is best for the bunnies, I don't see any waste of anything, and as far as I'm aware this person is an ex-breeder who found it was not as easy as once thought, and isn't overly concerned where they go. We are all trying to pull together here to help the rabbits - I suggest if you have nothing positive to say, then don't say anything! :shock:

Thank you for your comments. Talk about jumping on the band wagon! I got something wrong here. I know that because people have taken the time to explain that to me and I have listened and learned.

I just wonder whether you share those same qualities.

I still have very much to say in a very positive manner or negative manner if required. That will be dictated by me, not you.

I encourage debate not subdue it and take exception to your requests for me to stop posting.

I don't doubt that you would love to continue without critical comment - that is not going to happen!

Denny said:
Bob said:
It would not let me do a spellink check ROFL

Perhaps i am too old for this but could someone tell me what ROFL stands for, I can work out most but this has me stumped.

Bob, your in the firing line again :lol: :lol: Have you ever read the book 'men are from mars, women are from venus'? :wink: makes for interesting reading

I have got to go finish 21st birthday cake now, I will try and log in in an hour or so

I have not read the book, and yes I have dropped myself in it gain LOL

Do you really want me to go out and buy it - I will just tear it apart!(verbally)

or would I?

I don't think many rescues would take excess stock from a breeder that was continuing to breed. Thats just going to perpetuate a never ending cycle of the breeder breeding more because they know the rescue will take the spare off their hands.

I think removing the hutches from this person would be handy to prevent her getting into the same proble again as well as housing the buns.

The occations when rescues do encounter breeders and what to do is an interesting debate. Perhaps further comments could be taken to the Welfare Section though so we don't confuse the thread (further) on these particular bunnies :) It would be interesting to hear from the breeders what ways/situations they could possibly help out.

Thanks,
Tamsin

Tamsin said:
I don't think many rescues would take excess stock from a breeder that was continuing to breed. Thats just going to perpetuate a never ending cycle of the breeder breeding more because they know the rescue will take the spare off their hands.

I think removing the hutches from this person would be handy to prevent her getting into the same proble again as well as housing the buns.

The occations when rescues do encounter breeders and what to do is an interesting debate. Perhaps further comments could be taken to the Welfare Section though so we don't confuse the thread (further) on these particular bunnies :) It would be interesting to hear from the breeders what ways/situations they could possibly help out.

Thanks,
Tamsin

No I don't think so.... accusations and comments have been made against me and I think that they should be answere here. I want them answered and debated.

Tamsin said:

Tamsin

it would also be interesting to hear from "rescues" that actually talk to breeders!

Still confused!

"Breeder" is advertising "free" rabbits to good home and you guys are are mounting a campaign that would free prisoners in Cuba!!

Don't you have better things to do with your time? Like "rescuing rabbits that actually need rescuing" ?

Bob said:
Tamsin said:

Thanks,
Tamsin

No I don't think so.... accusations and comments have been made against me and I think that they should be answere here. I want them answered and debated.

Well bob sorry but the whole thread (although you might like to think) is not about you and what you want,so like tam said go and start your own new thread :)

Bob said:
Still confused!

"Breeder" is advertising "free" rabbits to good home and you guys are are mounting a campaign that would free prisoners in Cuba!!

Don't you have better things to do with your time? Like "rescuing rabbits that actually need rescuing" ?

Dont you have any better things to do with your time other than trying to wind people up and turn every post into a debate?,maybe you could tell us a little about your rabbits,and things they get up to?

bluebunny said:
Bob said:
Still confused!

Dont you have any better things to do with your time other than trying to wind people up and turn every post into a debate?,maybe you could tell us a little about your rabbits,and things they get up to?

Tuftey Club response or what?. Any chance of talking about the issueue or is that to hard?
bluebunny said:
Bob said:
Still confused!

Tuftey Club response or what?. Any chance of talking about the issue or is that to hard?

Bob said:
bluebunny said:
Bob said:
Still confused!

Tuftey Club response or what?. Any chance of talking about the issueue or is that to hard?
bluebunny said:
Bob said:
Still confused!

Tuftey Club response or what?. Any chance of talking about the issue or is that to hard?

Just incase you didnt understand start your own thread and we will discuss it,as this thread has gone totalkly off the topic now 'Transport needed'.

bluebunny said:
Bob said:
bluebunny said:
Bob said:
Still confused!

bluebunny said:
Bob said:
Still confused!

Just incase you didnt understand start your own thread and we will discuss it,as this thread has gone totalkly off the topic now 'Transport needed'.

Transport for what? A "rescued" rabbit? Or just one that you all deemed that was worthy of that label?

My partner agrees with you 100% Bob and as the thread goes on I find myself agreeing with you as well.

I didn’t realise the full circumstances of this or I wouldn't off offered transport at the start.

Surely if the lady is advertising her Rabbits free to good homes she should be allowed to get on with it?

What’s wrong with that?

At least she is making the effort to find them a home.

Are these Rabbit's in danger?

Are you taking all the Rabbit's and all her equipment?

In my opinion this women is just finding a quick way to off load, as she can’t cope any more.

There are 30-40 dogs this week in a PTS situation. Their pound dogs and have up to seven days to live. Some have already been PTS. This is a REAL rescue case.

http://www.pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=8777

Louise

i kinda agree..everyones getting thier knickers in a bit of a twist...and it seems going round in circles... :?

I agree 101% with Ellepotters comments above... :D

I know you all only want whats best for the bunnys :D

Did I not make myself clear enough? If you want to discuss a topic related to rescue, breeders and when and how to help out start a new one in the welfare section. But only if you can discuss it in a sensible manner without making it personal.

We will not tolerate slanging matches.

As you didn't follow my polite request I am locking this topic. If those organising transport want to start a new one on transport please feel free to do so.

Regards,
Tamsin and Adele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back