• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys that your rabbits actually play with

Mine just have home made toys as all my spare money goes into rescue at the moment. i used to buy them all sorts of new things :( I am getting good at making home made toys tho :)

I rarely buy my rabbits toys... not because I am cruel, but because I went through a stage of buying so much for them and spending a fortune, and if i'm honest they rarely played with them!

I do buy willow toys and sticks as they enjoy them, they have commercially made tunnels, but what they enjoy most of all are cardboard boxes and toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay! I give the piggies brown paper bags stuffed with hay as they like to get inside. :)

I rarely buy my rabbits toys... not because I am cruel, but because I went through a stage of buying so much for them and spending a fortune, and if i'm honest they rarely played with them!

I do buy willow toys and sticks as they enjoy them, they have commercially made tunnels, but what they enjoy most of all are cardboard boxes and toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay! I give the piggies brown paper bags stuffed with hay as they like to get inside. :)

I get the large paper bags from Primark :oops: I buy one thing and ask for a large bag, Usually I am buying towels for buns or tea towls for rat hammocks :oops:

holly love the peg basket:lol: especially when its full of pegs :love:

they do play with tifs football and tennis balls if she leaves them around

Maybe play is the wrong word. None of my rabbits have ever sat down with a tea set and had parties :lol: Most things they 'play' with is just things that encourage them to do natural stuff. Given a choice most rabbits will take the easy route they won't exercise out of an understanding it will keep them healthy.

So they get food in treat balls and if they want to eat then they have to work to get it. No food bowls here. They get sticks, they'll eat fresh because it tastes good but they'll eat/throw the others because I put them in their way and rabbits like to have clear routes. The same as they'll pick up and throw or dig anything else in their way. So yellow pages/varies plastic toys. Then cardboard boxes get 'edited' to make suitable bolt holes.

A lot of toys don't get used because if they don't taste good, result in any reward or are in the way then they are no more interesting than a wild rabbit would find a rock even if they are bright colours and rabbit/carrot shaped :lol:

My pair don't really play with toys. They love their tunnels and Strawberry likes a tall box to sit on as a look out but they ignore the others.

teddy loves her jingle balls specially when she's cross, they also love toilet rool tubes. petal doesn't really play much she'd rather run fast or eat something :lol:

Mine have ripped apart the front of the carrot patch & are now onto the back of it, they love any willow balls as well & quite a few of my cat's toys!

what toysdo rabbits play with

Hi everyone,my bunnie Mr Loin (who crossed over the rainbow bridge 6 yrs ago) used to love playing through the curtains so i put a sheet over two sticks in his shed and he loved it !!! he liked to hide and would spend ages going in and out of them.he used to try and push it out of the way and would run in and out.he lourved it.its a cheap toy and a good place to hide from mummy !!

Kasper loves his baby ring toy he also likes pushing around water bottlesand old oat containers as well as dig and push around his blanket.

Daisy loves her bunny tree and tent she ignores all her other toys

daisybunnytree4.jpg

Daisyintent.jpg

:lol:
Mine aren't big on toys, I bought a willow dog basket, Misty loooooooves it, and one of those wooden bridges that bend, the babies all love that, but Rory, Bolt, Jackson and Baloo all love their tunnel, which I made from a rectangle window box with holes at the end. The others just like to chew on my brand new hutches :evil::censored::lol:

the only toys mine really play with are the ones they can destroy, eg willow balls, willow rings. they will occasionally throw around a jingle ball but not very often

Back